Does the Cost of a Tummy Tuck Range on What U Need Done?

Im 26 and Have a 3 Year Old.

Tummy tuck procedure costs

+1

Cost of a tummy tuck procedure does depend on complexity of the case. A tummy tuck involves repair of the rectus muscles, removal of loose, excess skin, and liposuction to help improve body contours. The costs are based on the exact procedure done and the amount of O.R. time necessary. Make sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the best and safest options for you.

Fees can vary up to 40%

+1

Just as each patient is different, so is the fee structure.  Our fees are based on the time it will take to complete the procedure, whether or not muscle tightening is required, and how much liposuction will accompany the abdominoplasty.  On the low end, fees start at 6k and can exceed 15k for more involved procedures like mommy make-overs.

See a few plastic surgeons and follow your instincts.  This is your body, and the first chance is the best chance.  Price, while a consideration, is not the most important aspect of a great outcome!

David L. Kaufman, MD
Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Does a tummy tuck range on how much is done?

+1
I do adjust my quotes for tummy tucks on the basis of what I anticipate on doing. If I don't plan on performing a rectus plication on the patient the quote is altered. I base my quotes on how much time I am going to be operating so if I adust what I am doing it will decrease my time.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Cost Of Tummy Tuck Related More To Geography Than What Is Done

+1

The cost of a full tummy tuck is more related to where you have it performed that to exactly what is done.  The cost generally will be a good deal more on either coast and in very large cities than here in the Midwest or Upper South.  I personally do not charge differently for a muscle repair or for an extended tummy tuck .  There is obviously a lesser charge for a "mini tummy tuck" which also means different things to different people.

John Whitt, MD

Costs of tummy tuck

+1

First, will you have more children?  If so , I would wait till you finish your family.  If you only require a mini tuck it will cost less than a full tummy tuck.  Beyond that there may be some differences in price depending on how much operative time is required and whether liposuction is also recommended.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Cost of tummy tuck

+1

The cost may depend somewhat on what the patient wants and needs such as additional liposuction with the procedure.  Some patients may need extended abdominoplasties which may take longer requiring more OR time.  All these may affect the cost.  Donald R. Nunn MD   Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Cost of a Tummy Tuck

+1

Each surgeon sets their own fees, but my tummy tucks can be pretty much a straight forward fee. However, sometimes patients want or need additional liposuction, or an extra tightening of the waist which can add to the cost. Most women that have had children need a full tummy tuck, but some may only need a mini. Your  best bet is to see a board certified plastic surgeon (or two) to find out what is recommended for you.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Tummy tuck costs can vary

+1

There are many factors that go into the final cost of a tummy tuck. The need for additional liposuction, the size of the patient, the total time of the procedure, and the surgery center/anesthesia costs. The total cost can range any where from 6000-10,000 depending upon these factors. I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon (or two) to determine if you are a good candidate for this surgery.

I do not recommend you make your decision based on price, but rather on the skill of your plastic surgeon.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Tummy tuck cost

+1

To some extent, the cost of a tummy tuck varies based upon your size, the need for liposuction, and potentially the need for a hernia repair.  Depending on your body habitus, you may need a full, modified, or mini tummy tuck.  

B. Aviva Preminger, MD

Tummy tuck cost

+1

It can.  It often varies between surgeons as well.  Look at the plastic surgeons before and after photos, make sure he/she is board certified, and try as best as you can to compare apples to apples when comparing prices.  Mini tummy tuck should be less than a full tummy tuck which should be less than an extended and less than a circumferential.  Liposuction is usually performed at the same time for the same price unless the area of liposuction is far greater than the tummy tuck area.

Dr Remua Repta

Remus Repta, MD