250ccs Butt Implants Worth It?

I went to 3 plastic surgeons, I was told I do not have enough fat for the fat transfer. I now want implants done. My plastic surgeon, says she most likey use the 250 ccs , but she also said during the operation she will try the 290 first to see if it fits , but if it won't then she would use the 250cc enough? I'm 5foof at 100 lbs. I really would like at least 290

250ccs Butt Implants Worth It?

+1

At this point, I would not dismiss the Brazilian buttlift.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Almost all patients have more than enough fat for this procedure when done by an expert.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures and Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Buttock Implant sizing

+1

For someone you petite size, 250ccs could be plenty to effect a nice change/result. 

One of the most important factors in creating the perfect derriere with implants is indeed selecting the right size AND shape. I have found the best way to assure this is to simply measure the actual dimensions of the patients buttock cheeks. With these anatomical measurements, I can select an implant that not only significantly augments the buttock but also supplies the correct 3-dimensional enhancement to look as real as possible. Therefore the only way for you to know what implant works best is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in this procedure and have him/her take your measurements before selecting an implant and proceeding with surgery. Glad to help... The largest (legal) buttock implant available in the USA is a 690cc round implant made by AART.  Indeed custom implants can be ordered larger, not only at a premium price but at a premium risk for most patients'.  Unlike breast implants which are placed under the very expandable tissue of the breast and half of the pectoral major muscle, buttock implants are (most preferably) placed under (or at least within) the largest strongest muscle of the body, the gluteus maximus muscle, which is not nearly as expandable or forgiving.  Thus most patients simply do not have a large enough native buttock muscle to fit an implant over even 500 ccs', without leading to significant complication such as wound breakdown/opening &/or implant exposure...necessitating removal.  Nonetheless, buttock implants are a proven safe and effective method of buttock augmentation as long as the recommendations of a board certified plastic surgeon specialist are adhered to.  Glad to help...

Ryan Stanton, MD

250cc Intramuscular Buttock Implants Should be Adequate With Your Body Type

+1

If any intramuscular technique is used with your small thin body type, 250cc is likely all that can be inserted. I would doubt that a 300cc implant would fit. You can be surprised how much difference even a 250cc implant make when in the intramuscular position.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD