250cc Looks Too Big - Did Doctor Use a Different Size?

I am 5'7'', 120 pounds and was a 32AA/34A cup size with tuberous breasts.I was looking for something very natural that would increase the size of my lower base but wasn't too big.During my consult,I really liked the look of the 230cc on me but the doctor recommended a 260 at a bare minimum.We agreed on 250.Now 7 weeks post-op they look huge and even a 34C bra is too big.I am concerned that he used a different size.How can I confirm and do I have any legal rights if he used a different size?

Implants look too big

+3

It is still much too early to make any final judgements about the size and appearance of your breasts.  I tell patients it takes at least 3-6 months for the implants to settle completely.  Often patients who were initally discouraged about their size become more satisfied during this time period.  After breast augmentation surgery, patients are given identification cards with the type, size, and serial numbers of the implants used.  If you did not receive a card or cards, you should be able to contact the surgical facility to obtain this information.

Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+2

First, you may have swelling that makes the breasts look larger.  Second, you should have serial numbers of the implants upon leaving the office the day of surgery to let you know the style and volume of your implants.

Breast Augmentation - 250cc Looks Too Big - Did Doctor Use a Different Size?

+2

I would advise giving it some time (at least 3-6 months) and then reassessing.  If anything, most women feel eventually that they could have gone a little larger so this is an unusual concern.  You certainly are entitled to know what implants were put in you - what size, style, manufacturer, etc.  I would be very surprised if your surgeon intentionally used a size you did not want, but anything's possible.  More to the point, though, is that the difference between a 230 and a 260 cc implant is only 30 cc's, which is one ounce.  That amount of volume spread over the entire breast is normally inconsequential and would, typically, be hard even to discern.  The issue, then, may not be just the size of the implant but the overall look of the breast.  As a first step, though - and primarily for your peace of mind - ask your surgeon to confirm what implants you have.  You may have received a card with stickers indicating which implants you have.  If you are still suspicious, ask for a copy of the operative report.  Aside from that, though, I don't know of a way to figure out what you have - aside from removing and examining them.  And it doesn't seem like that would be a good idea. 

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation Too Large?

+2

Hello, it sounds like you feel worried about your breast augmentation results, and this is a normal reaction following cosmetic surgery.  However, after only 7 weeks postop, you are still probably a little swollen and may not see your final results for up to 6 months.

In order to verify the size of your implants, your plastic surgeon or the office should have given you a card describing the type and size of implants that were used.   

Finally, given that you are so tall, it seems very appropriate to have placed 250cc implants.  This size implant can easily be expected to give you a 34c bra-size postoperatively.  

Try to be patient and wait a few more weeks to see your final results.  Don't hesitate to contact your plastic surgeon with your concerns.

Jaime Perez, M.D.

Breast Augmentation Specialist, Tampa, FL

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa, Florida

Jaime Perez, MD

+2

You did not posted before and after photos so very hard to answer. Yes, did you receive an implant card? If yes than call the company to find out the size. Seek in person opinions. 

Verifying breast implants used

+2

You should have been provided the implant identification information.  Your plastic surgeon has this information if you need it.  There is still some swelling that should subside as the healing process continues.  A 250 implant usually will provide a one cup size increase.  I would obtain the implant information card and then just wait for the swelling to subside.  A hematoma could also result in extra volume/size but this would be evident to you and your plastic surgeon early on.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Implant Size?

+2

Since you   are only 7 weeks out it is much too early to judge the final results. It may take at least 3 to 6 months before you see the final results of the surgery. Don't be surprised if you are pleased with the results of surgery at that point.

It is not unusual for patients to feel that they are too big or too small for several weeks after surgery only to come to be very satisfied with the results several months later. There is both a physical and psychological adjustment period when a significant body  change is made. In your case, the correction of the tuberous breasts has probably resulted in a change in shape as well as a change in size of the breasts;  you may require even a longer time to adjust to the results of surgery.

I am doubtful that any surgeon would mislead his/her patient regarding the size of implants but you can confirm by asking to see the implant card information and/or stickers.

By the way a 250 mL implant  seems reasonable.  Please don't allow your happiness with the breast surgery be determined by a arbitrary cup size.

Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon and calmly communicate  your questions or concerns.

Feels is too big after breast augmentation

+2

First of all, 7 weeks is too early to judge your results given the extent of the swelling still present and even the contour related issues that may change with time that are associated with tuberous breasts. You still can discuss your anxieties/concerns with regard to your present appearance with your surgeon. At that time, he can provide you with the information related to the implant such as the card and stickers that come with them. An operative report could also substantiate this. (Did he tell you what size was inserted?)

What was stated/agreed upon with regard to multiple issues is between you and him. Most reputable plastic surgeons will try to work with you ... but BE PATIENT!

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Implant size

+2

You should have received a card from the surgery center or your plastic surgeon with your implant information. If you did not, then by all means ask for it. It is too early to make a decision on size. Wait a couple more months. Based on your height/weight, 250cc is very reasonable.

Michael Hueneke, MD