I Want Fuller Breasts, But Not Too Large. Will 250 Cc Do the Job?

hi, im 32, have 1 child. my rib cage is 29inc. 12cm across breast i think? im 5.5. im a small b, weigh 52kg. im a pilates instructor, and pretty slim, no upper body fat at all. i basically want to fill the breasts out, hoping to make a nice c, but im not hung up on size. jst want fuller, def not big!!!!! going under the muscle too. im going to go for a med profile (i think) 250cc round silicon implant. jst wondering what peoples thoughts are? i do have some breast tissue in my breast already.

+2

Your question is VERY common but the answer is very frustrating to most women. What exactly is "Not Too Large"? is that like a "pinch" or a "smidge" in cooking? Clearly, your defined idea of "too large" may be another woman's "huge" and yet another woman" I don't see a difference". In addition, there is no predictable, reliable correlation between cup sizes and implant volume. Despite everything you are led to believe, anyone who assures you that he/she can deliver an augmented breast with a precise bra cup size is less than honest because there is NO national or international standard governing bra cup sizes AND various breast implants OF THE SAME VOLUMES produce different cup sizes in different women.

So how is one to choose the ideal breast implant for her? Start by narrowing the list of implants to either saline or silicone gel filled implants. Then, narrow the list further to the implants whose diameter can be nicely covered by your present breast tissue (to avoid visible implant folds and ripples. Finally, if a Plastic surgeon near you offers Digital Breast imaging in 3D see him/her in consultation. Canfield 3D imagers such as the VECTRA create an accurate 3D model of your chest allowing your surgeon to perform virtual Breast Augmentations with the remaining options of breast implants on the list closely simulating what you may look like with any of these implants in either the under the breast or under the muscle position. So, forget outdated Rice Test and other "methods" and move to the 21st Century of Plastic Surgery.

By doing your homework and choosing wisely you WILL make the right decision.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Deciding on breast implant size for augmentation

+2

Without photos and an examination, one can't say for certainty that the size that you have mentioned, the 250cc moderated profile, is the most appropriate one for you. However, you seem to have realistic expectations and goals and this implant may very well be in the range of possibilities. I would suggest that you leave the final size up to your surgeon at the time of surgery.

Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.arizonabreast.com

Breast Implant Size?

+2

Given your description, you seem to have realistic expectations.  As noted, too many women get hung up on implant size and final cup size.  Consult a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area for a full examination and specific recommendations. 

Small implants under the muscle are more natural

+2

Missruth;

Based on your height, weight, chest size and measurements, I like all of your decisions.  250 cc silicone implants under the muscle should give you a decent increase in size without being too big and should be very natural.  Too many women getting breast implants get hung up on size and go too big resulting in an unnatural appearance. Good luck with your surgery.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately,  an accurate recommendation cannot be made without an in office exam to measure the chest wall and breast mound.    There is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Keep an Open Mind

+1

Patients are at more risk of going too small than too large.  A 250 cc implant will probably leave you in a full B or small C cup.  Every plastic surgeon has a method to assist you with sizing.  Let them help you determine what might look best.  Do not go in with too many preconceived ideas.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Conservative breast size

+1

without seeing you and the shape and size of you breast it is hard t say, but I would venture to say that a 250cc implant below the muscle might take you to a large B, hard to say it will give you a C cup. Cup size is very difficult to predict though as all bras are made differently.

Breast implant size for thin patients

+1

a petite woman  who wears a size 32 bra should get a good improvement with a high profile or medium profile implant mid 200 range..   you should look at the width of the implant compared to your breast to determine the base diameter

Avoiding very big breast inplants is a very good idea.

+1

How to pick breast implants:

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

Rice Test

+1

The rice test is a great way to get an ideal of how a particular volume will fit your body.  I have used this for many years and it is quite helpful.  One cup of rice equals 250ccs of volume.   First try this in a none padded bra and see how you like it, then try 1 1/4, 1 1/3 an see what volume that you like.  Next.  measure the width of your breast maybe 10-11cms.  The implants come in 3 diameters. Pick the best diameter of the implant for the volume that you choose.  This is a great custom approach.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscocosmetic-surgery.com/