25 Yrs Old, 5'7" & 220 Lbs Thinking About Breast Augmentation (Very Small Breasts)? (photo)

I'm overweight but I am currently losing weight to be healthier & in shape. I weigh about 220 & I'm almost 5'7". The thing is, my breasts are VERY small. I can't even fill an A cup - not even close. I just want to know if it would be okay/safe for me to get implants and if they would "show" well on me or if they'd just make me look bigger. Through weight loss and gain, my breasts have never changed in size. (**the lines under my boobs are just from my bra - I am FLAT chested.**)

With the guidance of an experienced board certified plastic surgeon, you may be a great candidate for breast augmentation.

+2

Since I maintain a focus on overall health and wellness at my practice, I am delighted to hear you are looking to be healthier and get in better shape. I understand your hesitation about surgery. However, I believe that with the guidance of an experienced board certified plastic surgeon, you may be a great candidate for breast augmentation. During a pre-operative consultation, your surgeon will listen to your concerns and desires. By evaluating your body based on you height, weight, body frame, etc. he or she can help you determine the right size breast implants that will enhance your appearance without making you look bigger or less proportionate. In fact, filling out curves in proper places will most likely make your body look more proportionate. It’s important for you and your plastic surgeon to choose a proper breast implant size based on the factors I previously stated in order to avoid over-exaggeration.

Should Be At An Ideal and Stable Weight First

+1
Patients should wait until their weight is stable (for a minimum of six months) and within a healthy range (ideally a BMI – body mass index – less than 25) before moving forward with plastic surgery. This is for your safety and the results will be better, as well.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

I do think you are a good candidate for the procedure.  Generally speaking, the bigger the implants, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Timing of Breast Augmentation and Weight Loss

+1

I certainly commend your decision to lose weight.  However, given your current breast size, I think it is reasonable to proceed with breast augmentation at your current weight.  You could achieve a nice result with the proper technique.  I would recommend that you visit a well respected board certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.

Good Luck,

Dr. Weider

Laurence Weider, MD

Best time to have an augmentation

+1

is when you are at your maintainable weight so that your results will be most predictable.  If you are fluctuating in your weight, so will your 'look'.

Your implants selected should fit your frame and the style should be selected to give you the look you desire.  Risks do come with wider and larger implants but you should discuss your goals and concerns in detail with your doctor and see what will work best for you.

Bottom line, you are an excellent candidate for this procedure.  Good luck in achieving your goals.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Augmentation and Weight loss

+1

It is ideal to reach your target weight but in your case it probably won't make too much of a difference since you have small breasts.  Be careful to pick a narrower implant as a wide implant will be more likely to make you look heavy.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for breast augmentation

+1

You are a great candidate for breast augmentation.  To obtain a natural-looking result I would recommend not going too big (which would put a lot of stretch on the soft tissues and look un-natural) and that you get silicone-gel filled implants to minimize the risk of visible "rippling".

I do not think this will make you look heavier.  In fact, augmentation will actually create a better balance between your upper and lower body.  In your particular case, I do not think you need to lose weight before considering surgery.  None of your weight is in your chest, so it should not make a difference.

Robert Stroup, Jr., MD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation while losing weight

+1

I don't believe reaching your "goal" weight is a prerequisite to a breast augmentation in your case. People who are overweight and request a breast "reduction" may be better served with further weight loss because the shape/volume of the breast can fluctuate in large breasts. You have even stated that your breast volume has not fluctated with weight changes. I think you would be a good candidate for a silicone breast augmentation at this point and have a good result. If you were looking to be a size C cup, a 400-500cc implant may be right for you.

Robert Najera, MD

+1

Thanks for the question and posted photo. Always best to lose weight. As for your breast issues I recommend 2 options. Expender implant or Fat grafting to the breast with or without the Brava system

Breast augmentation

+1

A breast augmentation may give you an appearance of better balance between your upper and lower body.  I would suggest you lose weight first.