Is 25 Too Young for a Mini Face Lift?

My aging genes are not the best. I am starting to notice my personal aging signs. Knowing a little about the field, I feel there should be no real "age limit". Isn't it acceptable to be on top of aging?

There are many ways to combat aging skin in a 25 yr old.

+3

There are various fillers and peels and laser treatments and even mini facelifts for a 25 yr old to consider who has aging skin. See several docs for their advise and feel good about yourself for starting early enough to be able to take advantage of some of the simpler procedures that are easy to go through.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD 

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Right age for a facelift, "mini" or otherwise

+1

Thanks for the question. I agree with the other surgeons who have responded to this question, that for patients in their 20's there are a multitude of nonsurgical options which would be more appropriate. Depending on your specific concerns, these may include injectable fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm, Botox/Dysport, chemical peels, laser treatments, or just a good skincare regimen.  

You should wait until you have enough jowling and loose skin in the neck before you consider any sort of surgical procedures. When you are ready for surgery (in 15+ years), do your due diligence in finding the right surgeon to do it. There is a lot of aggressive marketing going on out there and there are a lot of terms being thrown about for various lifts. It is confusing for patients who are seeking the best possible results with the lowest risk, downtime and expense. The bottom line is that you should find a surgeon with whom you feel comfortable and whose before/after photos look the best. Don't fall for the gimmicky advertising. 

Best regards,

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face Lift for Patients in their 20's - Start Simple.

+1

Start Simple and see how it goes. For example first consider all non surgical options.

For example: fillers to restore upper and mid facial  volume, light peels to take advantage of your youthful skin elasticity, and if you have early frown lines between your brows above your nose consider Botox or Dysport. This should allow you to wait until you are ready for a Mini Face Lift - that is you need more than the above.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Liquid Facelift at 25

+1

At 25 you should not need surgery. If you feel like your face is starting to age you should look into a liquid facelift (ie fillers and Botox). By combining fillers (Juvederm, Sculptra, etc) with Botox you will be able to achieve a rejuvenated appearance without surgery. Additionally, you could add some chemical peels and laser treatments to smooth out your skin tone. 

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

25 is probably too young

+1

Depending upon your concerns, other effective treatments may be less invasive than a mini facelift.  And with the advent of so many non-invasive treatments, results may be achieved without surgery!

James Wire, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

25yr old getting a mini-facelift

+1

I think that at 25 years old there are a lot of non-invasive options you have to consider before a facelift. Some options include injectables, lasers, skin tight treatments even products can help give you a great result.  

Michael A. Fiorillo, MD

Mini lift vs. volume augmentation

+1

I believe you are prematurely considering a mini lift.  You may significantly change your future options with this surgery at such an early age.

Although a thorough exam is the cornerstone of any consultation, my guess is that you would really benefit from some volume enhancement.  This may involve solid implants to the cheek, midface, jawline, with or without injectable volume additives.

I would guess that fat injection would be a great option if you have full face volume loss.  Certainly make sure you visit with 2 or 3 qualified surgeons before coming up with a plan.

Best Wishes, Dr. Todd Hobgood

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lift at 25

+1

Its important to know what you want to improve about your face. Is it skin texture, facial volume, contour, cheek or chin projection, brow position, etc.? Generally speaking, 25 is too young to expect any significant facial soft tissue sagging that would need resuspension or repositioning. I also doubt you have much skin excess unless you've had significant, rapid weight loss which may require excision of redundant skin if there is inadequate spontaneous skin contraction after at least 12 months. In the absence of the rapid weight loss, frequently, at this age, I would recommend addressing exactly what the problem is. I find that a small chin and/or cheeck implant can markedly improve facial volume, contour and projection. These procedures are simple, low risk and reversible. You may also see noticible improvement with a brow lift or even neuromodularors (such as Botox, Dysport or Xeomin) or fillers to locally enhance volume and contour. Also, if skin texture, vascularity or dyspigmentation is contributing to the aged look, a simple but effective chemical or LASER resurfacing procedure along with good skin care and hygiene regimen can make a dramatic difference. You are not too young to educate your self about your options and take steps to look your best and feel good about your appearance, but I would caution you that at your age you may wish to start with conservative measures in the hands of a competent surgeon who is willing to take the time to educate you about your options and never rush you into a procedure.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

25 year old

+1

Age does not matter. Your apearance does. You need to consult a facial plastic surgeon with a lot of experience; Don't go to a surgical mill. Remember only a good surgeon can advise you.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD