Vitiligo Treatment for Lower Lip

My 25 Years Male , I Have Vitiligo in Lower Lip Since 5 Years Ago , I,m Using U.V Therapy. I saw good success but in side lower lip, all I need to treat or success vitilig on anterior part of lower lip?

Eximer laser, Protopic

+2

We have had good results using the Eximer laser, the IPL device at the UVB range also seems to work. I would recommend adding Protopic ( though read the package insert, this is off label) or a mid-strength topical steroid.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Consider grafting is the vitiligo patch is stable.

+1

If the patch on your lip is stable (i.e. there has been no increase in size over the last 2 years or so), you could consider suction blister grafting which is a useful and effective option for lip vitiligo.

Renita Lourdhurajan, MD, DNB
India Dermatologist

Excimer laser works for Vitiligo

+1

Vitiligo is a very stubborn condition, so while an ointment like protopic might help very slowly over time with continued use, I think most people would like to see improvement faster than that.  Also, protopic is greasy, so you could probably only use it at night.  Excimer is twice a week and requires at least 10 sessions, but would show quicker improvement.  Consider any vitiligo therapy as a process, not a cure.  There is no reason not to do both treatments at the same time.

Daniel J. Ladd Jr., DO
Austin Dermatologist