I'm 25 Years Female. I Got an Open Rhinoplasty Done 11 Days Ago. How Long Do I Wear my Cast?

after 11 days my e.n.t surgeon refuse to remove my cast..he said i hav to keep it on for one and a half month. i have plaster all over my nose and forhead..n i dnt know if he is right or not. i had a deviated nasal septum. plz tell me what shud i do??

How long do I wear my cast after rhinoplasty?

+1

In general, my patients wear a hard cast on their nose the first week. At the start of week two, the cast is removed and brown paper tape is applied to the nose. I would recommend following up with your surgeon again. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Cast after Rhinoplasty

+1

Patients receive a cast after rhinoplasty procedure when they have their bones fractured and repositioned (osteotomies). I personally keep the cast on for one week after the surgery to protect the fragile bones.

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty splint, about one week

+1

The splint is unlikely to stay on or be of much use after one week after rhinoplasty. It is hard to know if you did indeed have a deviated septum corrected, and why you have an external nasal splint in the first place.

Nasal splint

+1

I usually have patients wear a nasal splint for a week. I have used septal plints internally, I may keep them in for 1-2 weeks. 

A Splint for 1.5 Months after SeptoRhinoplasty

+1

I have never heard of a surgeon keeping an external splint for 1.5 months.  There are internal splints, which can be left for several weeks by some surgeons.  I would ask your surgeon if you are concerned.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty Splint

+1

Dear Sammy25, I personally leave the splint on for seven days and then remove it. I do perform a lot of deviated septum repair and I see no reason to leave a splint on for a month and a half. I would discuss with your  surgeon why this is his protocol and certainly if it is this should have been brought to your attention in the preoperative appointment. Most of my patients are back to work after a week and a splint for even a month would be unacceptable. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD