I Am a 25 Year Old Man and my Face Sags Terribly. Do I Need a Face Lift?

I graduated high school in 2006 but society treats me like I'm in my late 30's. and not in a good way. People say your only as old as you feel and thats I feel thats a bunch of bull. Your only as old as you look and I look terrible now. I look at pictures of myself in high school which was only 6 years ago and I look like a different person. I hate it sooo much i feel like i'm the only person in the world who this has happened to. Please doctors look as this pic and help me out. Thanks.

Sagging face treatment at 25 years old

+2

From your photo I do see signs that your underlying facial bone structure may be contributing to your facial skin sagging concerns.

I don't think that a face lift would actually address your concerns, though.

An in person examination would allow for a more complete assessment of what is going on, but I suspect that improving the underlying facial structure would be helpful. Visit with a board certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to see what your options are.

Facelift Candidate At Only 25 Years of Age?

+2

Even though you do have some sagging, at only 25, I wouldn't recommend a facelift. It is hard to tell because of the angle of the photo, but you may not have  enough bony structure to hold up the heavy tissues of your face. If this is the case, then chin, jaw, (and possibly cheek implants) may help to add enough structure to hold the facial tissues in a more youthful position. I would make an appointment for a consult with a well respected local facial plastic or plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation. Good Luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift for sagging skin in 25 year old.

+2

Your sagging skin is out of proportion to your age.  There are 2 ways to treat this and neither is perfect.  The first is to do a face lift of the cheek.  Because the incision in front or inside the ear is far from your sagging all of the sagging will not be removed.  The other way is to remove the entire pleat of skin which will leave a scar.  The quality of the scar will depend on the quality of YOUR skin and the skill of the surgeon. 

Facelifting is not commonly performed for 25 years olds.

+1

It is hard to give you a detailed assessment based on the single photo that you submitted. 25 years old is very young to consider a facelift though that might be the best option. An in person consultation would be required to make that decision. However, just looking at the single image that you submitted, it is possible that significant improvement might occur with a chin implant with regard to you neck and jawline. Injectable fillers are also a highly effective non-surgical option to replace lost facial volume or remedy lacking bony support of the facial soft tissue. I am curious though whether you have a recent nasal injury or rhinoplasty? Your photo shows steri-strips across the bridge of your nose. I hope this is helpful.

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Before considering surgery..

+1

I would advise that before you consider any surgery you look at some important factors which affect your appearance. First, look at your family and see if your appearance is consistent with the way some men in your family appear at your age. Next, look at your daily habits including diet, exercise, sleep, alcohol and tobacco use. See a medical doctor if you are feeling like you have low energy or any other symptoms which are new compared to the way you felt several years ago. Let's be sure that you are healthy and doing everything you can on your own before you consider any surgery.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

25 year olds do not need facelift.

+1

Hi.

It is hard to tell from single picture, but cosmetic surgery can make you look better.  Possibilities are liposuction of the neck and lower face, a chin implant, and Radiesse injections to your cheekbones.  But not a facelift.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Sagging Skin at 25

+1

Hi,

I can see the sagging skin that you  are concerned with. I also notice that you may have a week chin and jaw line. An alternative can be to have chin and jaw implant that would stretch some of your sagging skin. Doing a facelift at your age may not be a good idea but a combination of smaller procedures may improve your look. An in person consultation would help a great deal.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Sagging skin in 25 year old--facelift?

+1

Hello.  I agree that your sagging jowls do make you look older than you are.  I agree with Dr. Mayer that there is no perfect solution.  The best result would be from a traditional facelift which would leave you with scars in front of and behind your ears.  I don't think a cheek lift would be very effective.  Other external treatments such as laser or radio frequency treatments will not work either.  You should seek a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Jeffrey E. Kyllo, MD

+1

Is the swelling related to the nasal procedure as there's some tape across the bridge of your nose in this photo.  You do have excess skin of the left jowl but aesthetically the face appears flat and elongated as the cheeks are very flat.  I'd have to see you in person but I feel that reduction of the excess fat of the lower face combined with cheek augmentation would be most aesthetically beneficial.