2.5 of Restylane and Still Have Bad Bags? (photo)

Below are before and after photos. i got overall 2.5 restylane in my tear troughs and a month and a half after the treatment look like this. i still have bags. the lighting in the before and after is different and i feel like in normal everyday situations i look exactly the same as before. :( is this the best i can hope to achieve from restylane injections? doctor did not want to put more in because he didn't want to overfill the area but i still have such ugly bags. :(

2.5 of Restylane and Still Have Bad Bags?

+1

2.5 of Restylane is a large amount of product to not see a difference, I suggest you seek a reputable board certified physician for a 2nd opionion and evaliation

Restylane in tear troughs

+1

The amount of Restylane used under your eyes sounds like an appropriate amont, but it's all about proper placement of the product (technique), in order to reduce the tear trough deformity (valley) shown in your pictures.

Sam Naficy, MD

Restylane under the eyes

+1

Dear baggy12,

• You should see a result with 2.5cc and this can be an appropriate amount
  • Please check the credentials of your injector
  • If you are unhappy with the results, you should get a second opinion

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Restylane under the eyes is an art

+1

That sounds like an awful lot of Restlane. Please check that amount and get a second opinion with an experienced injector that is board certified. 

Michele S. Green, MD

Restylane injections to tear trough

+1

You have had a good amount of restylane injected.  I would seek verification of the amount used.  Also, since you are unhappy with the result, consider seeking a 2nd opinion.  Be sure your 2nd opinion is with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

+1

Something DOES not make sense. 2.5 cc's a very large amount to inject so you need verification on amounts placed/injected. 

Restylane and tear troughs

+1

It is a little difficult to evaluate your before and after pictures to comment.  A full face before and after photo would be helpful to evaluate your overall fat loss in your face, not just your under eye circles.  Often under eye circles can be improved by augmenting the cheeks or replacing volume lost to cheeks. I agree with previous comment,  2.5cc of Restylane to tear troughs alone is a large amount to be used in this area. It appears you have had some improvement, just not full correction.  I would return to your injector and discuss your concerns.  You could also get a second opinion, but do your research.  Seek out an injector with a lot of experience in treating this area. Best of luck to you.

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologist

Restylane for tear trough correction

+1

Full correction of the tear trough area can be challenging. I think you demonstrate pretty good partial correction of the tear trough region. 2.5 cc of Restylane in the TT area is quite a bit - personally, I would be reluctant to place more filler in this delicate area, and would accept the result that you have as 'good enough'.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Limited effect from Restylane

+1
Unfortunately, your pre-procedure photo is quite difficult to see. I think you have some improvement, although not as much as you'd like. Without knowing the volume in each syringe, I can't comment on whether additional treatment would be appropriate. There are other modalities including fat grafting and lower lid blepharoplasty that can be considered but better pictures would be of great help.

Robert L. Kraft, MD