On May 25 I Had Mastoplexy with Augmentation Along with Mini Tummy Tuck?

How long should I wait before beginning training for an event like the Tough Mudder..a 13 mile extreme obsticle course. Which uses all body parts.

Strenous excercise after breast and abdominal surgery

+2

Thanks for your question and sounds like you are pleased with your results.  I would reccomend you ask your plastic surgeon what type of activity he believes you can tolerate.  It will depend on how you are healing and the type of surgery he/she did, in particular if you had any muscle repair and and if your implants are above or below your muscle.  Good luck.

Heavy exercise after augmentation-mastopexy and tummy tuck

+2

There are a number of different techniques for both the breast surgery and the tummy surgery, and the specific time of recovery will vary somewhat depending on the complexity of the technique.  You are talking about some very intense exercise, so it would be prudent to hold off for the better part of two months.  You can probably resume gentler exercise much sooner, but please talk to your surgeon as he or she will best know the specific surgery that was done.

John Q. Cook, MD

Exercise post-surgery

+2

I usually have patients wait 6-8 weeks after a tummy tuck to do exertional activity.  You should ask your surgeon.

Resuming Extreme Activities After Breast And Tummy Surgeries

+1

Thank you for asking an important question.

Resuming activities of extreme nature after multiple surgeries performed in one day is based on the pace and the level of of recovery the patient will achieve.

Your surgeon should be able to recommend to you the right time when you can resume extreme activities such as the "Tough Mudder". He/she knows the full details of your surgeries and based on physical examination and recovery evaluation you will be cleared.

I hope this helped.

The best of luck to you with the "Tough Mudder".

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Training after Mommy Makeover

+1

Each patient differs at to when they can start working out after these procedures.  It depends on the patient and how the recovery process has been.

In general, I ask patients not to do extreme training for at least 2 months after this type of surgery but you should speak with your surgeon directly and see what his/her recommendations are for your specific situation.

Activity after Augmentation Mastopexy and mini tummy tuck

+1

I generally recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 4-6 weeks after BAM + mastopexy surgery.  You need to give time for your incisions to heal.  Please talk to your plastic surgeon about his/her recommendations

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS