25 Days After Breast Implants One Breast is Larger and Harder is This Normal?

I had 420cc saline high profile under muscle implants(Im 25, 1 child, post op B cup)my left breast is slightly larger and slightly harder then my right breast? Also during my massages the left breast is very resistant where the right breast is very soft. I am wearing a pressure band over the left breast only currently per my surgeon? Could this still be swelling from surgery? Also when massaging under breasts I feel towards the outside very hard tissue is this my muscle? Also near areola a knot?

One breast higher and harder, 25 days post op

+1
Hard to tell without photos. You are way too early to make any statements about the final result. They usually start to descend at about three weeks. In general it may take 6 months to a year or so to have the implants finally fall into place. Best that you communicate with your board certified plastic surgeon and let him/her know what is going on. Every surgeon may have their own protocol for message, etc;.

Firmness at 25 Days after Breast Implants

+1

The firmness of the one side may be indicative of small, resolving hematoma or a fluid collection, the onset of scar formation, or early capsular contracture.  An exam would be necessary to sort these items out.  The implant on one side is usually higher than the other, and two implants rarely drop at the same time.

Help with Breast Implant Questions

+1

I wonder if you had bruising around the left breast and not the right. If so, you may have some remaining blood around the implant and in the breast tissue, which could account for the knot. Another possibility is that you have fluid collection around the implant, which generally should resolve on its own. Finally, the left-side pocket may be a little small, which will cause the implant to be tight. This may resolve with massage, or it may be early capsular contracture. Keep up with you massaging, and follow up with your surgeon. Good luck!

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

One Breast is Larger and Harder

+1

Although a photo might help, only an in person exam by your surgeon can distinguish between the various possible causes of this asymmetry. It is common, almost the rule, to find asymmetry early on with submuscular implants, and most of these issues resolve. 

The firmness suggest the possibility of capsular contracture. This if present might lead to change in your postop management, so a visit to your surgeon is much more valuable than our opinions on this site!!

Thanks, and best wishes.

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and the detailed description of your situation. Despite your good description, it is not possible to provide you with precise advice or reassurance. Your plastic surgeon is the only person that can do so, after direct examination. It is possible that the asymmetric size/firmness you are experiencing is “normal”;  on the other hand (and less likely) it may be a sign of an early complication.

I would suggest that you follow up with your plastic surgeon for the best advice and/or reassurance.