I'm 25 yrs old and have been losing a lot of hair. What treatment would you recommend?

I don't take any medication or steriods. I was on the pill for 2 years and stopped 4 months ago. I don't dye my hair or use hair straighteners. But my hair is going very grey and falls each time I brush it or untie it from any accessory. I really need help. My hair is the thinnest it has been and I have a small bald patch on my hairline.

Hair loss @ age25

+2
There are over 100 reasons to lose hair. From a description, a physician can't determine the cause. In women, even a photo doesn't help.

it's the combination of medical history, "up close" exam and lab work that are all needed to diagnose hair loss in women

you'll want to see a dermatologist or physician who specializes in hair loss. 

That said there are a few things that are important to comment on:

1. Hair loss is extremely common 3-4 months after starting and stopping a birth contril pill. This is called "telogen effluvium". Is this highly likely to be a contributing factor to your hair loss? Yes. Could there be other factors as well? Absolutely - and that's why you should see a dermatologist. 

2. All women with hair loss should have blood work for iron, thyroid and basic blood counts. 

3. If periods are irregular or acne or hair growth on the face is present, a more detailed hormonal evaluation could be in order. 

Toronto Dermatologist