I'm 25 and have acne scarring as well as semi-permanent scowl line in middle forehead. Well Botox help? (photo)
Doctor Answers 4
Botox for Forehead wrinkles
Botox will help your scowl lines/wrinkles
You have some icepick acne scars on your forehead which will not go away with Botox. To the extent that they are accentuated when you raise your brows, maybe the Botox would minimize the dynamic change in the scars. But they will still be there.
Fractionated resurfacing or dermaroller microneedling treatments are your best bet for treating the scars.
You are not too young for either treatment. Botox is preventative and therapeutic for wrinkles. You will likely need less Botox than a 45 year old, and if you don't get Botox, the lines will just get deeper as the years go by. That is a lovely thought, I know, but it's the truth!
Best, Dr McNeill
Acne scarring lines and botox
You might also like...
Botox for frown lines
- Botox will not affect the acne scarring on your forehead.
- It will affect the lines that form from scowling.
- You are not too young for Botox treatment - early treatment prevents deep lines forming later.
- If a doctor makes you feel 'too young,', go to someone more helpful.
- Board Certified Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologists and ENT specialists are more likely to understand because these are the specialties that get training in the field of cosmetic work.
- If you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist, they may be able to help you with the scarring as well. Best wishes.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.