245cc Anatomical Mentor Silicone Implants Good? Reviews?

Went with my surgeon. He suggested 245cc anatomical Mentor implants is that too much? Are those good? I'm a small B cup. Would that allow me to have a small C? I don't want them to big. Just a natural look. I'm just afraid of that being too much as I'm just 5'2. Thanks

Anatomic breast implants

+1

While its difficult to comment without pictures, in general anatomical silicone breast implants are very well made implants and good for a subset of patients. You should have discussions with your plastic surgeon regarding breast measurements, sizing options as well as Vectra 3-D breast imaging to look at the differences between smooth round implants of different sizes as well as anatomical implants.

Be careful about using anatomic implants.

+1

Regular around implants in the absence of capsular contracture look completely anatomical. Anatomically manufactured implants can shift in the pocket creating aesthetic problems.

+1

Dear Paustrada,

Thank you for your post.  You shouldn't look at an implant based on cc's.  This should be based on your chest dimensions, in particular ideal breast width.  This is as opposed to actual breast width, as some natural breasts are too widely separated naturally, and an augmentation without adjustment would cause an accentuation of that separation.  Once the width is estabilished, if only a small augmentation is desired, using the lowest profile of that width gives you the idea cc's. 

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

What size is best for you?

+1

Ask your surgeon about using external sizers so you can better visualize what you will be getting.  And the biggest complaint I have heard over my career is "I wish I went a little larger"...  Also know your surgeon's revision policy so you know what your costs are if you have any problems with healing or with the size.

Curtis Wong, MD

The Best Implant Size and Shape?

+1

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast  dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this  or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)  that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or “full B, small C cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

The right implants

+1

I can not tell you what is right for you without an exam.  If you are happy with the selection with your surgeon then it probably is right.

+1

Thank you for your question.  However without pictures or knowing your measurements, it very hard to make any comment.  I just tell you that the average size implant I use is 350cc. and the smallest I have ever used is 240 cc.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS