I Am 24 Years Old with the Begining Onset of Festoons. I Have Vertical Lines on my Cheeks. Is There Any Thing I Can Do?

Festoons

+1

I agree with the other comments.  Definitely start on a good skin care regimen now to help prevent further concerns.  A combination of laser therapy from photorejuvenation and skin tightening could help improve the vertical lines on your cheeks.  As for the festoons, I would see consultation for possible sinus concerns before agrressive treatment.  A photo would be helpful.  Good luck.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for Festoons Below Eyes On Cheeks

+1

These festoons could be caused by fluid in this area can be caused by several factors such as sinus and allergy. it may be beneficial to check if sinus or allergy problems are contributing to the swelling in your upper cheek area below eyes. In our practice we have had success with treatment of some cases of malar swelling with nonsurgical treatment such as Pelleve Skin tightening for the eyes and face and Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing for the eye area and face. It may also be best to just wait for a few weeks more and seeing the progress.As a Cosmetic Oculofacial Plastic surgeon operating in New York City, I might also recommend (with a proper evaluation of festoons) a lower eyelid surgery. Lower lid blepharoplasties address the bags (buggy eyes) or festoons that appear under the eyes that give a person an angry or exhausted expression.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Early lines

+1

Without a photo it is tough but I would certasinly get on a good skin care program such as Nia 24 or Obagi,These can help reverse sun damage.Alight peel or laser may be good for the fine lines.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

+1

I concur that without photos of your eyes and cheeks, there's not much to evaluate especially in a 24 year old who shouldn't have issues with the lower eyes or cheeks.

24 year old with festoons

+1

I agree with Dr. Kraft.  Without a photo, it is truly difficult to determine the best treatment (or no treatment) for you.  Ty to resubmit with a photo.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

FIne lines on cheeks

+1
You're very young and, without a photo, it is impossible to determine whether you are a candidate for any procedure. One important thing you can do is to stay out of the sun or to use and reapply sunscreen religiously to reduce premature aging of the skin. You could consult a dermatologist or plastic surgeon about a laser procedure if the condition is significant enough to warrant intervention.

Robert L. Kraft, MD