I'm 24 Years Old I Am a 38 DDD but my Breasts Sag. Will Weight Training Lift Them a Little? (photo)

I am 24 years old and I've always had a large chest. I was a c cup in middle school and they increased over the years until I came to be a 38 DDD. I have lost some weight but I still have about 30lbs left to lose. My breasts have never been "perky" but they aren't flat or deflated- they are pretty much normal (to me) except that my nipples are extremely low. Would weight loss accompanied by weight training help lift them just a little or is surgery my only option?

Breast lift/reduction

+1

Unfortunately, weight training will not lift the breasts.  If you do lose more weight your breasts might actually become more deflated and sag a little bit more.  From your picture it looks as if you are great candidate for a beast reduction.  This will reduce the size and give you a higher more perky breast with smaller areolas.  The procedure is often covered by insurance as well. I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Weight training does not lift breasts

+1

Weight training will not lift your breasts, the only option is surgery.  You would benefit from a new procedure called The Ultimate Breast Lift.  No vertical scars or boat anchor shaped incision are required.  The weight of the breast is transferred to the underlying muscle, which helps maintain the higher position.  This also maintains areola sensitivity and the ability to breast feed.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Weight training is good, but will not lift breast

+1

Strengthening your chest muscles with weight training will have no effect in lifting your breasts. You most likely need a surgical breast reduction which reduces breast volume and provides a breast lift as part of the procedure. Weight training may result in weight loss and for many women loss of breast volume. You should get to your weight loss goal and then see a board certified plastic surgeon for advise regarding a breast lift or reduction depending on your breast volume at that time. Good luck.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Weight training is good, but not for lifting ptotic breasts. You need a full breast lift for that!

+1

Sorry, but a full breast lift (or cosmetic reduction to the degree you wish--each operation has the same exact scar pattern, so you can choose the final size you want) is necessary to raise nipple position to a forward-facing direction. Weight training helps only your muscle tone, but will do nothing to raise or tighten your breast skin, as my colleagues agree.

Weight loss to your stable, healthy weight is preferable prior to surgery, so your breasts can be "tailored" to the appropriate proportions.

See one or more ABPS-certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast reduction/breast lift surgery and get more information. You can also click on the web reference link below for photographs of my patients who underwent breast lift to get an idea of the scars that result from this surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Weight training has no effect on ptotic (droopy) breasts.

+1

Weight training has absolutely no effect on breast position, unless you work out without breast support in which case you breasts would get droopier.  Surgery will correct the problem but there are considerations to be made (incisions and convalescence) before proceeding.

Weight Loss and Weight Lifting to Improve Breast Appearance?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

No, weight-loss and/or weight training will not help you in regards to breast lifting. If anything, you may find that the breast will be less “perky” with ongoing weight loss. Breast lifting/ reduction  surgery will likely be necessary to achieve your goals.

As you may know, breast lifting involves some degree of tightening and lifting of the breast skin envelope and tissue.  In order to tighten the skin envelope, skin excision is necessary;  this results in the presence of scars. 
Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.

Best wishes as you strive to reach your goals.

Breast Reduction Needed For Breast Reshaping

+1

Developing your chest muscles will have no benefit in lifting your breasts. You need a surgical breast reduction which incorporates a large breast lift as part of the procedure.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

I'm 24 Years Old I Am a 38 DDD but my Breasts Sag. Will Weight Training Lift Them a Little?

+1

From your photo it is very clear that you would benefit greatly from a breast reduction which includes a lift. Development of the chest wall muscles will have no effect whatever on breast size or position.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Sorry but weight training will not lift your breast

+1

Weight loss may help reduce the volume of the breast and build muscle, however the weight lifting will do little to lift the nipple and shape the breast. Breast reduction is a very good option.

Weight training tones muscles, not breast tissue

+1

HotKat2988: regrettably, weight training is ineffective in raising your nipples to a higher position.  Steady, sustained weight loss will result in shrinkage of the fatty component of your breasts, which will reduce your cup size but may also lead to further "sag".  As you are still very young, consider delaying surgery until you have had your family, as the influence of pregnancy hormones may reverse any surgical gains you may obtain from breast lifts.  Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD