24 year old with pointy chin? (photo)

Although that's not me in the picture, my face shape is exactly the same as this girl. I always feel uncomfortable about my chin and cheeks but am not sure if what procedure would be appropriate to even my face. #chin #jaw #cheeks

Submental Reduction for Pointy Chin

+1
A pointy chin can be reduced and the jawline evened out by reducing the bony prominence and removing any excess soft tissue. That is best done through a submental incision. The lower edge of the chin bone can then be made even with the rest of the jawline behind it.

24 year old with pointy chin?

+1
An in person consultation will be required to give specific advice. However, there are chin implant designs that can augment the concave regions behind your chin without adding forward projection. Bony chin surgery is also an option but has a much longer period of downtime. Seek a consultation so you can speak with an expert and determine which is the best option for you. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant for reduction of pointed chin

+1
When there is a  pointed chin present, a Mittleman  pre-jowl implant can be inserted to give added width to the sides of the chin without giving projection like a normal chin implant. For more information, and diagrams and our photo Gallery, please see the link below

Jaw surgery

+1
Potentially jaw and chin surgery would resolve the issues seen with this picture. 
Orthodontic treatment is needed before. 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon