Im a 24 Year Old Female, 5"4 and 120 Pounds, I Always Look Tired and my Right Cheek Looks Saggy. What Are my Options? (photo)

I don't have strong jaw, & have weak chin skin isn't tight & "youthful". saggy on right side. I've always had dent on right cheek. My weight has been fluctuating & its more noticeable. also look tired, have always had dark circles around eyes but now under my eyes are sunken in. Makeup & concealer don't help. What r the cons of getting fillers so young Will fillers make skin saggier as I age? bound 2 get jowls what can i do 2 prevent or delay them? scared of looking to "puffy" or fake.

Rejuvenation of the eyes can make people look less tired

+2

When it comes to looking tired, treating the eyes will give the most dramatic improvement. Deflation of the cheeks can certainly make people look older, but not necessarily tired. Fillers in the tear trough area can be used safely in younger patients and can last for over a year before a touch up is needed.  If done properly, this is a very high satisfaction procedure. But of course, if you are unhappy with the results, all hyaluronic acid fillers (i.e. Restylane, Juvederm, etc.) can always be erased. Good makeup after injection can further enhance results, because dark circles under the eyes are often genetic and very difficult to treat.

Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Cheek Area Filler

+1

I would try a filler of your choosing to fill the cheek to assess your response and the way you feel about it.  Fat grafting can be done to give a more permanent solution rather than placing a permanent filler or an implant later.

Restylane and volume loss

+1

Meeting with a well-trained and experienced injector to discuss your specific areas of concern is your best first step in correcting the issues described. You aren't too young to have filler and no, it won't stretch out the tissue long-term and cause unwanted lax skin.

Sam Naficy, MD

Treat saggy right cheek with fillers and Thermage

+1

You should be assessed by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to see which treatments would be best for you.  Fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane would help replace volume and give better symmetry to your face.  You could also consider Thermage for your lower face to tighten and lift the skin.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Restoration of Facial Volume is Rejuvenating

+1
Thank you for your questions.  Although you are younger than the average patient with signs of facial aging, it is most likely related to the fluctuations in your weight.  Significant weight loss associated with diet/exercise, gastric bypass or illnesses can cause significant disproportionate volume loss in the face.  Essentially this is like a ballon being deflated...tissue sags.  Restoration of volume with either fillers or fat would help significantly.  Hyaluronic Acids, Radiesse, Sculptra or Fat are all acceptable choices with slightly different performance, recovery, longevity and cost.  You should be able to get a natural result if performed by a skilled injector like a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  You can also have the procedure done in stages to avoid this issue.  Hyaluronic Acids and Fat probably have the safest, long term performance.  In our practice, the procedure is considered a luminous lift level A.  Visit our website to view photos.  Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid and facial hollows

+1

Fillers can help with your dark circles (under eye hollows) and cheek hollows. There are various types of fillers available. For the eyelid, certain ones work best while for the cheeks others work best. See an oculoplastic or facial plastic specialist.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane, Perlane, or Radiesse are great for cheek augmentation

+1

It is very common to have a "good side".  Usually this means one cheek bone is a little higher and supports the skin under the eye and the cheek skin better.  Fillers are great at treating sagging cheeks.

• When treating the cheeks, you usually treat the tear trough a little also, Restylane is great for this
  • The cheeks can also be augmented with Restylane, Perlane is a little stronger
  • Radiesse is the strongest filler, but it's not immediately reversible like Restylane and Perlane, so you may want to try the lighter fillers first

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers or fat grafting v.s check implants

+1

Facial asymmetry is very common. You can have filler for filling the check area. The other option is fat grafting. I would suggest to try filler ( last 9 months). I would not recommend check implant at this time.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Im a 24 Year Old Female, 5"4 and 120 Pounds, I Always Look Tired and my Right Cheek Looks Saggy. What Are my Options?

+1

Based on the photos you posted it does appear that you have subtle bony facial asymmetry that results in the right cheek looking flatter and creating a deeper fold around the right side of your mouth. Cheek implants or facial fillers can typically improve this dramatically. Given the safety and ease of injection, many patients opt for occasional filler treatments in the office. With regard to looking tired this typically results from heavy eyelids or bags under the eyes. I would need to meet you or look at photos of your eyes to give you specific advice but eyelid lift procedure (blepharoplasty) or brow lift surgery can typically improve the tired eye look. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Saggy facial skin and #Fillers

+1

facial features ususlly age slightly asymmetrically. that depends on the underlying facial bony and muscular architecture, the way you sleep, etc... the facial asymmetry can be apparent at a younger age like yourself. non-surgical treatments like fillers etc can be used to correct minor asymmetries. you just have to find the right doctor who can help you and understands the underlying problem. if done the right way, it can be made significantly better. good luck! 

Misbah Khan, MD