Im 24 Ive Had my Implants Fof 2.5yrs (PIPs) B Pre-op to D They Have to Go How Will I Look?

I have been given PIPs and have now been told they have to come out due to a rupture they are 2.5 years old and i am 24 they were placed above the muscle and i believe 300cc I was a size B and went to a 34 D. Also i cant afford to have a replacement or lift will I be deformed?

Breast Implant Removal: What will I look like?

+1

Without seeing what you looked like prior to surgery, an exam, or even your current pictures or measurements of your base diameter it is hard to tell exactly what your breast will look like after breast implant removal.Clearly there will be some more sag than with the implants as the soft tissue is stretched but this is dependent on several factors such as  the elasticity  of your skin - the more the better, and the degree of sag you had before. Because you are young and the implants were put under the muscle are good factors but the other considerations are also important.

Breast Appearance after Breast Implant Removal?

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to know exactly what your breast will look like after breast implant removal without direct examination ( or even after examination).

Generally speaking what breasts look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.
Consulting with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon in person will be helpful.

Removing breast implants

+1

You may want to check out the local teaching hospital as they frequently offer very affordable rates for plastic surgery.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Prediction after removal

+1

It's impossible to know what they'll look like after explantation without examining your tissues.  The tighter the tissues the better it will look. 

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Ruptured PIP implants should be removed to prevent futher complications.

+1

It is important that you have these implants removed.  Leaving the implant alone is a possibility but may result in a tight and contracted pocket 1-2 years from now.  This is a cause for more surgery.  In some cases removing the implant will leave the breast looking acceptable and other cases, it will not.  Stick with a board certified PS.  We use Mentor implants which is a reputable company and they even offer 10 year warranties on implants.

Deflated implants

+1

It is difficult to predict what the breasts will look like once the implants are removed. Some look remarkably okay while others look very saggy.  If possible try to have them replaced if that is what you want.

What to do about deflated Breast Implants?

+1

Regarding: "Im 24 Ive Had my Implants Fof 2.5yrs (PIPs) B Pre-op to D They Have to Go How Will I Look?
I have been given PIPs and have now been told they have to come out due to a rupture they are 2.5 years old and i am 24 they were placed above the muscle and i believe 300cc I was a size B and went to a 34 D. Also i cant afford to have a replacement or lift will I be deformed
?"

PIP implants (Poly Implant Prothese, a French company) were very cheap and as such became the third largest selling implant company in the world. However, due to their very large failure / leak rate, PIP implants are no longer available in the US and were banned in France as well. The company has since filed for bankruptcy.

IF you had saline implants and they are deflated, you ARE looking at your breast shape without implants. The deflated implants are no longer materially inflating your breasts. Plastic surgeons may purposefully deflate a saline implant by puncturing it to allow their patient to see what she would look like without that implant.

Unless the implant is infected, there is no real emergency in removing the implant. You can wait until you saved some money to have an implant exchange and / or lift whenever it suits YOUR schedule.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Removal of implants often requires a lift or implant replacement....

+1

After removal of implants where your tissues were stretched from a B to a D it is not uncommon to need a lift if you decide not to keep implants in.  You mentioned a cost constraint and this is often an issue.  Unfortunately many ladies will not like the appearance of their breasts after simple implant removal.

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon