24 Hours After Botox, my Left Eye is Drooping is This Normal

I had botox injected between my eye brows and just above my eyebrows just 24 hours ago, I have noticed that my left eye above my lid has some drooping going on, so what could be the problem ?

Botox

+2

You may have some swelling from the injection or bleeding around the injection area because botulinum does not have such a rapid onset.  Try some ice and see your doctor during office hours.  All the best, "Dr. Joe"

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Drooping after Botox

+2

It is highly unusual for Botox to work so quickly. Usually it takes 5-7 days for it to take effect. If you have drooping already  you shoudl probably be evaluated by your doctor.

Drooping of eyelid after Botox

+1

Although it has only been a short time after your Botox treatment, it is not expected to have actual eyelid drooping.  We suggest you contact your practitioner to be properly evaluated and provided with options and feedback.

Your practitioner will want to maintain a good relationship with you by being able to manage your concerns.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Eyelid Droop- uncommon but temporary

+1

Eyelid droop is an uncommon side effect of Botox injections, even in the most experienced hands.  Typically this take 3-10 days to develop, is temporary and often significantly clears in 6-8 weeks.  Some patients find OTC Naphcon-A eye drops will improve this, or a prescription from your physician for Iopidine eye drops can help until this undesirable side effect wears off.

Jeffrey C. Poole, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Drooping of eyebrow or eyelid after Botox

+1

it is not a desired result and usually it does take more than one day to show up. This means that you may see an increased drop in that eyelid/eyebrow in the next few days and may see on the other side as well. make an appointment with your doctor to evaluate your droop and see if it can be improved.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Droopy eyelids after Botox, Dysport, Xeomin injection

+1

Unfortunately this undesired complication of droopy eyelids can happen even in the hands of the most experienced physician injector. This can be minimized by injecting at least 1cm above medial eyebrows and avoiding manipulation of injected sites within day of Botox, Dysport, Xeomin injection. Your experienced aesthetic physician may recommend eyedrops such as OTC Visine eyedrops 3x/day to the affected area. Thankfully, this complication of droopy eyelids after Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin injection is temporary and should self-resolve in few weeks.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Droopy Eyelid after Botox

+1

This is a potential risk with Botox injections.  Usually, it does not happen so quickly after the injection.... it is, however, temporary and with time, your eyelid should return to normal.

Eye Drooping after Botox Injection

+1

You describe a complication of Botox injections caused by some of the toxin getting into the muscle that maintains normal eyelid position. Fortunately it is temporary, but you may be able to accelerate the recovery by using Iopidine drops in that eye. Talk to your physician about a prescription for this medicine.

Eyelid droop after botox above brow

+1

The droop of the eyelid is likely due to the spread of botox to the levator palpebrae, the muscle that lifts the eyelid.  This unwanted side effect can last for several weeks.  It can be counteracted with special eyedrops (apraclonidine) that contract Muller muscles, which results in eyelid elevation of 1-3mm.

Melissa Chiang, MD
Houston Dermatologist

+1

IMHO, it's the proximity of the neurotoxin placement to the eyebrow that can cause eyebrow and eyelid droop.  This is an undesired side effect that's not aesthetically attractive and should be avoided, IMO.  Droop is avoided by staying approximately 1-2 fingers width above the lateral and mid eyebrow area when injecting neurotoxins in the forehead.  Be sure that the MD that does your Botox, Dysport or Xeomin understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty.  The effects of Botox and other neortoxins last about 3 months.  If you're cncerned you should see the MD that did the Botox injection for evaluation.