How Much Would It Be To Fix My Belly Button After Hernia Repair? (Photos)

I recently had a hernia repair done in June. I had an outtie belly button my whole life and now that I have had this repair done, the surgeon did something and tried to make it into an innie. Now it is basically an innie, but the skin comes down at the top as if it were a fat short tongue. Also it appears that the hernia is still there, however my doctor says - although possible, he does not think it is the case. He thinks it is scar tissue. I want it to look like a normal innie belly button!  How much would this cost and what procedure/s

It may be some fat withing the belly button stalk

+1

Thank you for the photos.  Although a physical examination would be needed prior to definitive decision on a surgical plan it may be that you have some fat from your hernia within your belly button stalk.  The other possibility is that during your hernia repair the belly button stalk was positioned differently, perhaps slightly higher.  Both of these issues can be addressed under local anesthesia if you are willing to do so or of course under general anesthesia, with local anesthesia being less expensive.  The plastic surgeon fee will vary from surgeon to surgeon but should not be more than around 2 thousand dollars.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Belly Button Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

It will be of utmost importance to diagnose a recurrent hernia if it is present. It may behoove you to wait additional several months since you had surgery in June;  this waiting may help differentiate a recurrent hernia from scar tissue ( which tends to soften up with time) sees.

If in doubt regarding the presence of a hernia is 2nd opinion and/or radiologic studies may be helpful.

The procedure performed would depend on accurate diagnosis.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/results.cfm?Category=65

Fixing belly button after hernia repair

+1

Hello Bellaelisa,

Correcting your innie is no problem and could be easily taken care of under local anesthesia in the office. It should not take more than $500. However, if your hernia has recurred, you need to have the appropriate studies done (ultrasound, MRI) to confirm. Hopefully, it will make things clearer for you. Best wishes, Dr. Horndeski

Web reference: http://spectrum.ieee.org/geek-life/profiles/weight-loss-surgery-as-systems-engineering

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.