I'm 24 . Would a midface lift give me the facial contours I want? (Photo)

I'm a 24 y.o. Asian. I've had a buccal fat removal and jowls lipo but still find my face chubby. My right face fat seems to be pushed outwards making it look fatter than the left. Botox to my masseter doesn't seem to address the problem. The picture of the Korean actress (no I'm not trying to look like her) shows the kind of facial contours I want. What procedure(s) would be recommended? I was suggested a midface lift by a Korean plastic surgeon; he said my cheek seems to be drooping. Thank you!

You do not need a mid face lift.

+1
A mid facelift is definitely not a solution to your problem. Volume enhancement of the cheek area can give a more angular face. This can be done very safely and is a reversible maneuver.

Mid face augmentation not facelift may be best option for chubby cheeks

+1
I agree with others that a facelift or mid face lift will not create your described goals.  Augmenting the mid face  with soft tissue fillers firstand if you like the effect he the fat injections or even possibly zygomatic implants should help lessen the appearance of the fullness in your cheeks.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

You have an angular face already

+1
presumably from the procedures you have already had.  I would agree with the others that you could consider augmenting your cheekbones as your photos give the impression that they are somewhat flat.  To get an idea, you could have a surgeon inject some saline and if you like it, consider the fillers, implants, or fat grafting if you feel this will make a difference in your life.

Curtis Wong, MD

Age 24 Glamorous facial contours cheek augmentation.

+1
We all like an attractive face. An absolutely fundamental aspect of facial attractiveness is the balance in contour between the projection of the upper cheek, over the cheekbone and the concavity below that of the soft tissues.
 You have had surgery on the soft tissues below, but have not corrected the more important aspect, the cheekbone  volume above.
It does not take much volume on the bone to bring about the change you are looking for. The reason is that this does more than increase the bone projection, it also increases the concavity below and the combination of both has a magnified effect.
Adding a cheek implant is the standard way of obtaining this result. Some plastic surgeons, myself included,  prefer coral granules (hydroxyapatite) for this volume on the skeleton, as it is the biologically correct material (the coral causes no reaction and is replaced by your own bone growing in over time). Also a smaller amount is required, so the reason for you looking more attractive is completely undetectable and is permanent.
Your request is entirely understandable and is appropriate.

Bryan Mendelson, FRACS, FACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Cheek implants

+1
You are not a candidate for a cheek lift.  You have more volume in your mid to lower cheek than your upper cheek, which is the opposite for the actress you posted.  The best option would be cheek implants and possibly a little filler to give an appearance of a high cheekbone.     

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Need for a Midface lift

+1
Thank you for your pictures.  You have had a nice result from your previous aesthetic procedure.  Based on the pictures I do not see an indication for a midface lift.  If you want to increase the projection of your cheeks possibly a cheek implant would serve you better.

Good lick.

Earl Stephenson Jr MD DDS FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Improve facial profile

+1
  • Your model has clearly been photo-shopped. 
  • It is not safe to try to look like a computer-altered model. The look is not real.
  • At rest, your shape is similar to the model's except she has less fat in the cheeks.
  • A mid-face lift might be right for you but you are having a lot of surgery for a young and attractive woman.
  • Consult an experienced Board Certified Plastic surgeon and with him/her, study your own photographs from profile, front and 3/4 views, smiling and at facial rest. Analyze what you do not like and see if together you can create a surgical plan designed for you.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

I'm 24 . Would a midface lift give me the facial contours I want?

+1
Thanks for sharing your photos and your question.
Your main problem at 24 is lack of volume and not tissue laxity or descent.
Fillers to increase the volume of your mid face would be a minimally invasive option rather than Surgery.
Even if you have a mid face lift you will need additional volume either in the form of fat ( fat transfer) or fillers
Hope you find this useful and of some help in your decision making process

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon