I'm 24 . Would a midface lift give me the facial contours I want? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 9
Cheek implants or fillers
Mid face augmentation not facelift may be best option for chubby cheeks
You have an angular face already
You might also like...
Age 24 Glamorous facial contours cheek augmentation.
You have had surgery on the soft tissues below, but have not corrected the more important aspect, the cheekbone volume above.
It does not take much volume on the bone to bring about the change you are looking for. The reason is that this does more than increase the bone projection, it also increases the concavity below and the combination of both has a magnified effect.
Adding a cheek implant is the standard way of obtaining this result. Some plastic surgeons, myself included, prefer coral granules (hydroxyapatite) for this volume on the skeleton, as it is the biologically correct material (the coral causes no reaction and is replaced by your own bone growing in over time). Also a smaller amount is required, so the reason for you looking more attractive is completely undetectable and is permanent.
Your request is entirely understandable and is appropriate.
Need for a Midface lift
Earl Stephenson Jr MD DDS FACS
You do not need a mid face lift.
Improve facial profile
- Your model has clearly been photo-shopped.
- It is not safe to try to look like a computer-altered model. The look is not real.
- At rest, your shape is similar to the model's except she has less fat in the cheeks.
- A mid-face lift might be right for you but you are having a lot of surgery for a young and attractive woman.
- Consult an experienced Board Certified Plastic surgeon and with him/her, study your own photographs from profile, front and 3/4 views, smiling and at facial rest. Analyze what you do not like and see if together you can create a surgical plan designed for you.
I'm 24 . Would a midface lift give me the facial contours I want?
Your main problem at 24 is lack of volume and not tissue laxity or descent.
Fillers to increase the volume of your mid face would be a minimally invasive option rather than Surgery.
Even if you have a mid face lift you will need additional volume either in the form of fat ( fat transfer) or fillers
Hope you find this useful and of some help in your decision making process
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.