23yr Old Mom, Extreme Breast and Abdominal Sagging, Following 50+lbs Weight Loss.

I am 23years old mom of 2, 5'6", 155-160lbs. My breasts went from 34C to 44DD(engorgement) to now a 38B. They are very soft, with no definition to them without a bra, considering the amount of relaxed skin ans stretch marks, afraid of the scarring from a lift, would filling the skin up with an implant be plausable?

Also my stomach, it's a soft mess, stretch marks above my belly button. I call it a brain because I can squeeze it in both hands and my god I look thin without it. My options are?

Mommy Makeover

+2

It appears as if you would benefit from a "mommy makeover" or a tummy tuck combined with an augmentation +/-  a breast lift.  It looks as if you would get a nice result from a full tummy tuck.  I understand wishing to avoid the scars associated with a breast lift, but with the volume changes you describe, you probably will be unhappy with an augmentation without a lift.

Mommy makeover

+2

Scars are always the greatest concern to our patients. I think seeing before and after photos during a consultation will be best to weigh the benefits of plastic surgery against scarring. A tummy tuck would appear to give the best result for your stomach and I would not present you with other options. Seeing your breasts and measuring the position is critical to determining what to do. Also you may want to increase the size and an implant would then be needed. Implants alone would not be something I would suggest.

Michael Hueneke, MD

23yr Old Mom, Extreme Breast and Abdominal Sagging, Following 50+lbs Weight Loss...

+2

According to your photos and the issues you describe, I would recommend a "Mommy Makeover."  It is great that you have lost that much weight, but unfortunately the skin that sags also has loss of elasticity.  That means the breast skin may not be able to hold up an implant without a lift.  There are several types of lifts so possibly the incisions can be minimal in nature.  A Mommy Makeover also includes Liposuction and a Tummy Tuck.  The Liposuction will get rid of the excess fat that is stored, while the Tummy Tuck will take care of the excess skin you have, leaving you with a much flatter stomach. The Breast Lift will diminish the loose skin and the "saggy look".  Finally, Breast Implants will help give your breasts a more youthful shape. Consulting a board certified plastic surgeon is very important to determine which procedure is best you.

Shain A. Cuber, MD
Edison Plastic Surgeon

Options after pregnancy and weight loss

+2

There are many options after pregnancy and weight loss, though the most important first question is a further pregnancy in your future. If you plan more children your abdomen will have to wait. If you are afraid of breast scars breast implants alone are an option, though with the weight loss we feel the result will be disappointing. Some form of a breast lift with an implant will give the best shape and some freedom from dependence on a bra.

peterejohnsonmd

You're a great candidate for a mommy makeover

+2

Greetings,

Provided you are done having children, you're a great candidate for a mommy makeover. This consists of a tummy tuck, liposuction, and either a breast lift or breast lift with implants. From your description, the breasts are saggy. Using an implant alone will create larger breasts, but they'll still be relatively saggy. A breast lift in which the breast skin envelope is tightened and the breast tissue is reshaped should be a component of any breast operation you have in the future.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Sam Jejurikar, MD

Breast lift and Tummy Tuck

+2

Hello Txgiggles,

Unfortunately, implants alone (even really big ones!) will not give you pretty breasts that have the form and contours that most consider pleasing.  Typically in your situation, a breast lift with or without a partial reduction, and possibly implants can give you a very nice and durable result. A breast surgery specialist  can give you the best scars possible, and usually they become inconspicuous with time.

Your tummy skin has lost it's elasticity and become thin.  Your abdominal muscles have separated too.  A tummy tuck can address both of these issues simultaneously.  Liposuction is usually performed as well to help improve contours around the waist and hips. 

These procedures can be performed together and is commonly called a 'mommy makeover'.  Be sure to have consultations with surgeons who specialize in breast surgery and are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  These surgeons are usually members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery as well.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Extreme sagging of breast and abdomen

+2

You present a common problem that we, as plastic surgeons, deal with.  A combination of a breast lift plus or minus implants, depending on whether or not you want your breasts to be bigger, and an abdominoplasty will give you a great result.  Many women are concerned about the scars from a breast lift.  My experience has been that the improvement in shape far outweighs the presence of the scars.  Many of my happiest patients are women who have had this combination of procedures.  I'm confident you will think so, too!

Jeffrey E. Kyllo, MD

Breast & Tummy Combination is the Answer for You (AKA - mommy make-over)

+2

You are right, based on your photos.  You've reduced excess weight, but looseness impairs your appearance.  In addition to weight loss, pregnancy alters tone or tightness of your skin, particularly your breasts and tummy.

See a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation, examination, and discussion of your options.  They will likely suggest procedures which remove generous amounts of loose skin and some fat, such as breast lift (mastopexy) with or without implants to enhance size and shape, and tummy tuck (abdominoplasty).  If your abdominal muscles are stretched, the surgeon will likely tighten them, further improving your figure.

There are trade-offs including scars, but imagine them easily concealed by the same clothes you showed for your "before" photos, bathing suits, etc.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Lift, Tummy Tuck

+2

You have issues that are quite common and are now bundled under the term "Mommy Makeover". Options include a tummy tuck with muscle tightening, liposuction and breast lift with or without implants. Although you may be able to fill out the sagging breast skin with implants alone, a better result is often obtained when combined with a skin resection. Scarring is certainly an issue. Discuss this with your PS and ask to see pictures.

Good Luck!

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Breast rejuvenation and Tummy Tuck

+1
 Without  seeing  picture of your breasts is difficult to make a recommendation as to the most appropriate treatment. In some cases  a breast implant will help to redefine and reinflate the breast. However in other cases a breast lift may be necessary along with a breast implant.   You would have to undergo a consultation to determine the most appropriate course of action regarding your breasts.

In terms or tummy,  it looks like you're a good candidate for a tummy tuck ( abdominoplasty) surgery. You have excess skin, stretch marks and appeared to be in otherwise good health.   If you do not plan to have any more children than this is an appropriate plan. However if you plan on having more children a tummy talk would potentially inhibit the development of the child in utero due to the tightening of the abdominal wall. Again consultation is required to adequately assess your individual needs. For instance are there any hernias in the area that need to be repaired, do you require some contouring of your flanks with liposuction, etc.   congratulations on your child and  best wishes.

Christopher Khorsandi, MD