Is It Possible to Be 230 Pounds and Get a Brazilian Butt Lift?

I'm 19 years old and I'm 5'5 and 230 pounds I'm nt very curvy and all my fat lays in my stomach area and back will it be possible for me to get this surgery even being 230 pounds

BBL at 230lbs

+1

Yes, But there are certain risks that may be higher in your case.  Especially if you have medical issues like diabetes etc.  It would be best to consult with your primary care physician and a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who has experience with this procedure.

Best Regards,

Dr Gartner

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Procedures Recommended

+1

Hi Good Afternoon , 

I would recommend to have any procedure at your weight it would be best to first see a nutriologist to you can loose weight in a healthy way , and afterwards when you have lost certain amount of recomendable weight you go in for a procedure and which case a Tummy Tuck would be recommended and if any fat is left after then we can go in with a Lipoinyeccion just to contour any fat left and give defition to the buttocks are as well as waist back and abdomen. 

Regards !

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Fuller figured brazilian butt lift

+1

I have done many patients your size and heavier!  In fact, these have been some of the happiest patients with the best outcomes.  Still, you must understand that you are at a higher risk of most types of surgical complications, particularly blood clots (DVTs) that can go to your lungs (PEs). You must make sure to use medicine to aggressively prevent agains this, even though there is no gaurantee.

Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift at 230 pounds is possible, BUT...

+1

The BBL can certainly be performed at your current weight.  It will help to improve the contours of your abdomen and back, while accentuating your buttocks.  However, if you desire to lose a significant amount of weight in the future after the operation, the ultimate results may change.  The buttocks can become less full as the viable fat grafts shrink in size, and your skin after liposuction can become more loose.

Bottom line: stabilize your weight close to an amount that you are happy at, then pursue the surgery.  Even if you lose 20-30 pounds, at 5'5 and 200, you most likely still have enough fat available to obtain a nice, significant change with the BBL.  If you are happy at 5'5 and 230, then go ahead and pursue the operation, you will still get a significant change at your current weight.

+1

From a technical standpoint, the surgery can be performed.  I think that you would probably get a better overall result if you lost 30 to 40 lbs or so.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/brazilian-buttlift-photo-galleries.php