I Am 23 Yr Old, 5'2, 95 Lbs, my Surgeon Suggest Me to Go for 220 Cc Gel Implant, is It the Right Size for Me? (photo)

asian body frame

I Am 23 Yr Old, 5'2, 95 Lbs, my Surgeon Suggest Me to Go for 220 Cc Gel Implant, is It the Right Size for Me?

+2

Dear Jenny,

Thank you for your question and photos.  You have a gap between your breasts that needs to be addressed, or you will have this gap after augmentation.  You seem to be thin in the area of the gap, so in order to do a good augmentation with no rippling, I would suggest a form stable (gummy bear) implant rather than the gel (memory gel) type implant.  The width of the implant is the most important feature to get a natural result.  If you have a more narrow implant than what you need, you will have very separated breast with a flatter area along the mid portion.  The following is an example of closing a gap with the right width implant.

Best Wishes.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.  What is your desired size/look?  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implants alone are not enough

+1

Your photographs show you are asymmetrical and your nipples are low.  I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to lift your breast higher on the chest wall, displace them medial to increase your cleavage, place the implant and correct asymmetry.  I recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural and are less likely to ripple.  Unfortunately, you have not told us your cup or bra size.  However, at size 32 or 34 each 100 cc's implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  At size 36 or 38 each 200 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  From this, you can calculate the size implant that would be ideal for you to achieve your goal.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1

That is very personal decision for you. Whether you desire just a small volume increase or a modest one must be decided IN PERSON. 

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question.  Unfortunately, online consultants are not in a position to provide you with precise enough advice. I would certainly not base any decisions you make  on specific advice received online.

The best (general) online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “small C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Implant Size; How to Choose

+1

Thank you for your questions:  what size to choose is very important.  You should spend time trying on different sizers and consider 3D imaging in order to help choose.  My patients have lots of different desires:  some want to be larger, some smaller.  It looks like a 220 cc implant would give you a modest (but noticeable) enlargement.  If that is what you want, great.  You can certainly go larger if you wish, but will have to explore different sizes. Best of luck!

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Asian Breast augmentation

+1

I have found that Asian breast augmentation requires  a firmer implant and the Allergan Style 410 are ideal if you are considering this option.  As far as a 220 cc gel if you are looking to go up to about a B cup then you are making a good choice. 

What size breast implants?

+1

In order to answer your question, we would need careful breast measurements, an assessment of the elasticity of your tissues, and a photograph of someone who has the size breasts you find attractive.  Your surgeon might also have sizers that can be placed in your bra to help you visualize how different size implants would look on you. You need to direct your surgeon to some degree because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if your PS is happy with the size; it matters if you are happy with the size.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon