23 years old. What are my BEST options? (Photo)

Hello! I am 23 from Austin. Aside from severe acne during teen years, I have never had issues w/ elasticity or wrinkles. Well, after 2 years of working behind a computer for 12 hours a day, I have now developed the dreaded 11's. Pictures provided is my face relaxed. I have read that if I use my forehead muscles to hold my eyebrows up, getting botox will relax those muscles, reducing my ability to hold my eyebrows up. Therefore cause my brows to droop & my already thick lids to deeper hang over.

Fortunately you still look great...

+2
but you can enhance your appearance with a tiny bit of botox...not too much...certainly not a full dose...just the proverbial smidge!!!

Botox and Filler Can Help Soften "11" Lines; Ultherapy or Thermage To Lift The Brow

+2
Botox is a good option in the situation you have photographed for us.  When injected properly it should not lower your brows as you are not injecting the forehead muscles which hold up the brow, rather they should raise slightly due to inhibiting muscles that pull the brow down and to the middle.  If you are worried about any change in eyebrow shape or height, you can try a little filler on the glabella (middle lines) and lateral part of the eyebrow to give a little lift to the brow.  Ultherapy or Thermage on the forehead/eyebrows can give a little lift as well, and are complimentary to the procedures I have already mentioned.  Seek a board certified cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has experience and performs conservative treatments.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

23 years old. What are my BEST options?

+2
Botox is a great alternative to help prevent future lines/wrinkles, I suggest you seek a reputable provider for an in-person evaluation who can provide you with a conservative, natural look 

Get evaluated in office

+2
Actually if properly injected you may be a great candidate for a low dose of botox. Seek a provider (Derm or Plastic Surgeon who injects, not a delegated employee) that can customize your treatment.

John DeSpain, MD
Columbia Dermatologist

Botox is a good answer.

+2
Thank you so much for submitting your pictures. You did a good job with photographs flexed and relaxed and that provides nice information on the problem that you have. Botox works extremely well to relax these muscles between the eyebrows and can be used to soften the motion and the wrinkles. In order to preserve your normal brow animation have your surgeon leave the area of the four head out and only utilize Botox between the eyebrows. I think you will be happy with your results. Best of luck to you. 

Henry Mentz, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

23 years old. What are my BEST options?

+2
Try lose dose BOTOX 11's injection like 10 units to try to achieve some relaxation but not to much.//

Botox for 11's and Brow

+2
Hello and thank you for your question. Botox would be an excellent option to treat the 11 lines between your eyebrows. When injected in the correct area it will not cause drooping of your brows. In fact, it will help elevate your brows! If you would like more of a brow lift, some Botox injected towards the ends of your eyebrows will also help to lift them. Another option for a non-invasive brow lift would be Ultherapy. This ultrasound focused skin tightening procedure gives a great natural looking brow lift. Hope this helps!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

23 years old. What are my BEST options?

+2
Well, Botox is an option for you.  It will slightly raise the eyebrows.  The other option, is a browlift.  In your relaxed photo, your eyebrows appear low, but the photos do not show your whole face (which would be helpful).
You are young for either, so it is best to speak with a doctor in person or by sending in your photos so we can view the whole face.

Botox for frown lines

+2
BTA (commonly referred as Botox) is used to block transmission of nerve impulses to muscle and stop that muscle from contracting and creating skin creases.
It is used mostly in the middle age group. However, I benefit for breaking that vicious circle.
For the frown lines BTA is used into glabellar musles group. All muscles in the face work in the opposing fashion. If you switch off gllabellar muscles and leave your forehead intact the muscles of the latter will raise your eyebrows and eyelids slightly, not droop them . Drooping can rarely occur if pulling up action of forehead muscles switched off extensively and part of the eyelid muscle responsible for pulling eyelids up also got weakened. An experienced doctor can easily avoid it.

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist

Botox for the "11"s

+1
Botox is perfect to correct the glabella area or lines around the eyes.  It will prevent these lines from squinting from getting deeper. For the best results please find a board certified dermatologist with a lot of experience with Botox 

Michele S. Green, MD