23 Years Old in Need of Lipo and Breast Lift (Tuberous)

1.) I'd like to get lipo on my stomach (especially love handles) and thighs. I am 23 years old, 5feet2inches and weigh 110lbs, I like the fact that smartlipo leaves little to no scarring but would I get the desired results? Am I a right candidate? Where would the incisions be and how many?I have cellulite on my thighs,would it get worse or better? 2.) What would I need to do in order to get my breasts to look normal (not perfect)?What are my choices without implants? Thank you!!

Smart lipo is very effective.

+1

Dear newhere - it is difficult to answer all your questions without being able to see photos, but in general smart lipo is only different than regular lipo by using the laser to break up the fat.  Skin burns are rare when the procedure is performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.  The skin retraction does seem better, and in my opinion, the results are smoother.  The scars are about the same.  

You may need a donut mastopexy for your breasts but it is difficult to predict without seeing photos.

Smart lipo and breast augmentation

+1

Smart lipo has had limited application in plastic surgery, with some terrible results related to burning of the skin, particularly when it is not performed by a Board certified plastic surgeon. There are many new and gimmicky liposuction technologies out there, but having seen the results, there really is nothing that can replace traditional liposuction, which  requires a handful of very small, barely noticeable incisions.  Traditional liposuction is an additional step beyond the laser application in Smart Lipo. You would need to see a Board Certified plastic surgeon to determine the best method for breast augmentation, and it is hard to say here since there are no photographs. It is possible the surgeon could use the fat removed from the abdomen, hips and thighs, and recycle it into the breasts! This tends to result in a fuller breast, that is not as large as one treated with breast implants. It provides a very nice, ehhanced result.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Tuberous Breast Surgery

+1

It is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination or viewing pictures.

Some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" and areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).  

Generally,  correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.

In the most severe cases of tuberous breast, a more complete breast lift may also be necessary.  In many cases however, a lift is not necessary. The patient should be aware that the final result will take months to see and that they will need to be patient and that revisionary surgery is more likely than in patients who do not present with tuberous (constricted) breasts.

When you are ready, please make sure you consult with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who have significant experience with this type of surgery.

Breast lift and augmentation combinations work well

+1

See a couple of good surgeons before committing to this set of procedures. Depending on the severity of your tuberous breast appearance, the type of procedure needed to correct it may require both a breast lift and implants.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

+1

Best to see 3 boarded PS's in your area to discuss in person. In my opinion you need Smart Lipo Triplex + lipo, and a donut or L shaped lift (yes there are scars). 

Liposuction and scars

+1

The scars from liposuction do not depend on the method used. They depend more on what access points your surgeon needs to use for the areas treated. Most liposuction leaves pretty minimal scarring. Be aware that any liposuction needs to be performed cautiously in areas of cellulite, as it might make the cellulite worse.

Hugh McLean, MD
Mississauga Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and breast lift

+1

There are many different ways to perform a liposuction.  There is Vaser Liposelection, which is an ultrasonic machine which works much like the Smartlipo but much more effective.  There are also different types of liposuction cannulas.  The best thing would be for you to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon and ask to see their before and after pictures.  Ask them what they do differently.  From your picture of your breasts, it does not seem like you have much volume.  Are you happy with the size of your breasts in a bra?  If so then all you need is a circumareolar (periareolar) mastopexy (breast lift) with an internal (transitional) mesh bra.  This procedure is when the breast tissue is elevated into a higher possition, giving you more cleavage, by the use of an internal mesh bra.  If you are not happy with the volume, a silicone breast implant can be placed under the fascia.  I would not go with saline and not under the muscle.

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

+1

You're 23 weighing 11o Lbs.and you have a nice figure.

I would encourage you to change your lifestyle,exercise and eat better and you will see a great improvement of the "trouble areas" you mentioned.

Lipo suction should be your last solution not your first.

Your breasts have large areolas and sagging , all they need is a lift with periareolar incision alone for reduction of the areolar diameter without any further incisions.It can be done with or without implants.

Erel Laufer, MD