23 Days Post-Lasik - Vision Not Sharp Enough to Drive.

i saw the doc 3 days later post-op.he said recovery looks normal & good but i've never had any sharp vision (as wz my glasses before)since.i cant see road signs & watch tv comfortably.i feel shorsighted & when i put on my husband's driving glasses,it help a little when driving.doc said i don't need glasses as it will confuse the brain and it's a matter of time.they saw dry spots & provided a moisture ointment(night use)which had help cleared up the fogginess but does not sharpen my view.

Blurry Vision after LASIK

+1

Hi, As suggested by all the doctors, your diminished sharpness of vision could be due to a number of reasons: a) It could be because your cornea has not yet healed after the procedure. Different corneas heal at different rates and this period may vary from a few days to upto 3 months (even a year in some people). If this is the case, you can wait for a couple of months to see if it improves. b) You may require an enhancement procedure to correct the remnant numbers. c) Dryness of eyes as seen after Lasik can also give rise to blurriness of vision. d) Presbyopia or far sightedness which sets in after the 40s for which glasses may be required. Hence, it would be best if you visit an eye doctor and find out which of the above would work for your eyes.

India Ophthalmologist

Dryness is a common reason for lack of sharpness

+1

Dryness is a common reason for lack of sharpness but ask your surgeon for more details.  Occasionally temporary glasses or an enhancement may be needed to sharpen driving vision.

New York Ophthalmologist

Blurry vision posto-LASIK LASEK

+1

you need to see him or another doctor and get:

an autorefraction

a manifest refraction

a topography

evaluation for dry eyes

you will probably need to:

get punctal plugs inserted

use a thicker individual vial preservative free tear every hour while awake

increase your water intake and decrease alcohol and caffeine

emil chynn, md, facs, mba

New York Ophthalmologist

Blurry Vision after LASIK

+1

There can be a number of reasons why the vision seems blurry to you.  I would recommend that you seek care from your doctor again.  Dryness, or a small residual refractive error may make the view seem blurry compared with contact lenses.  People heal differently and a small number of people might need a second procedure, known as an enhancement.

San Diego Ophthalmologist