I'm 23, considering Blepharoplasty on top and bottom eyelids. What do you think is best? (photos)

I am 23 and I am not happy with my eyes I am looking for a solution to my baggy tired looking eyes. I also have wrinkles. I am considering getting a blepharoplasty on the top and bottom of my eye. What do you think? Do you have any other suggestions? I eat well exercise and get good rest. I also stay out of the sun. I'm also trying retin a for cystic acne.

I'm 23, considering Blepharoplasty on top and bottom eyelids.

+1
Hi there, it doesn't look like you have much excess skin around your eyelids and blepharoplasty is likely not indicated. 

Tom D. Wang, MD

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper and lower blepharoplasty at age 23

+1
 At age 23,  you are a bit young to be performing cosmetic eyelid surgery. The primary goal for upper eyelid blepharoplasty is to remove extra skin, which you do not have, so you are not a candidate. The primary goal for lower eyelid surgery is to remove the puffiness created by the 3 fatty compartments in the lower lids.  You only have a small amount of herniated fat, so it's best to address any pre-existing allergies first  prior to undergoing an elective lower eyelid surgery. For many examples of what eyelid surgery can accomplish, please see the  link below

What kind of eyelid surgery is needed?

+1
Thanks for your question and photos. 
Based on a careful examination of your skin, muscles, soft tissues and the amount of herniated fat, one can determine the extent and type of eyelid surgery that is needed.
Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Blepharoplasty in 23 year old person

+1
You don't need upper blepharoplasty but can benefit from either lower blepharoplasty or filler injection for the lower eyelids. See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1
You have youthful eyes and your lids are in the correct position. You have some fullness in your lower eyelids, possibly due to early fat herniation. Seasonal allergies can cause this and need to be excluded. 
I recommend a consultation in person with a local plastic surgeon where you can be carefully evaluated and proper recommendations suggested. 
In my personal opinion, I suggest that you defer surgery for now until your condition is more advanced. Trans-conjunctival approach to address the fat in your lower lids may be an option when you are ready. 

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

Early skin aging changes of the eyelids and a 23-year-old

+1
You are very young to consider a blepharoplasty.  The fold above your eyelashes the supratarsal fold is still visible although there is a slight amount of excess skin.  I do not see significant eye bags or puffy lower eyelids.  Expert I do see some damage and pigmentation of the lower eyelids.  I suggest you have a formal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

You might consider fractional erbium laser resurfacing to rejuvenate the surface of the lower eyelid skin and possibly contracts some of the excess upper eyelid skin.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Lower eyelid bags.

+1
Lower eyelid bags can be done transconjunctivally and you do not really need your upper eyelids done. 

Bleph

+1
Thank you for the photos though a full examination and discussion of desired results is really needed.

From the photos I only see increased fat in the lids that could be removed and/or repositioned via a transconjunctival blepharoplasty

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Less is more.

+1
It is essential that very little surgery be performed.  What you need and what you are likely to get creates a profound aesthetic risk for you.  You have a very subtle upper eyelid ptosis.  You would benefit from a very small upper anchor blepharoplasty.  The link below shows example of this type of very subtle upper eyelid surgery.  All you are looking for is a brighter looking eyelid.  Standard upper blepharoplasty is going to rob you of your upper eyelid fold.  That sentence wouldn't mean much to you until you have the wrong surgery and you no longer have an upper eyelid fold.  At the time of anchor blepharoplasty, the levator should be plicated.  This allows the eyes to appear more open.  

The lower eyelids are more complicated and an actual examination is needed to determine your best option.  One concern I have is that what looks like herniated orbital fat is probably your bony orbital rim.  That means that, again, standard lower eyelid surgery that removes or manipulated lower eyelid fat will be disappointing for you.  You may benefit from a chemical peel, possible just lower eyelid fillers.  

Proceed with caution.  It is far better to get this surgery right the first time.