34A, want to be a full B cup, but no bigger than the photo shown below. How many CC's to achieve this? (photo)

I'm 23, 5'1, 106 lbs, a cup, 34 a to be exact.  What CC's would be recommended in order to achieve this size, without looking disproportionate to my petite body given my exact measurements: Nipple (sternal notch cm) R 17 1/2 L 17 Nipple fold R 5 L 5 Fold (sternal notch) R 20 1/2 L 20 Areola diameter R4 L 31/2 Nipple 15 LBFP 14 RBFP 12 1/2 Also, would a high profile or medium be better to achieve these results? My surgeon is using smooth, round, sientra implants.

Base Diameter Measuerment is the Key to Picking an Implant Size

+1
The key to determining what implant will work best for you is to measure your base diameter (width). This will determine if a moderate or high profile implant will fit you best.What your surgeon will do is pick an implant that will give you the volume you are looking for, but keep the implant in you breast diameter measurements so the implant is not too wide(out in your armpit) or too narrow for your body. In my practice, we offer 3D Vectra imaging so we can take a 3D picture of you and your breasts and then “implant” the exact implant you are looking at.We can also put a cute bathing suit on the 3D image and rotate the image so that you can envision what your implants will look like when you are laying down.This is incredible technology that allows us to have our patients better understand what their breasts will look like after an augmentation. See if your surgeon offers this and good luck with your procedure.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Implant volume and cup size

+1

At size 34 A each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. To be a full B would require 100 cc implants. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it and determines the projection.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

BA

+1

To best help you, a physical or picture evaluation would have to take place in order to determine which procedures and techniques would be best for your case.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

34A, want to be a full B cup, but no bigger than the photo shown below. How many CC's to achieve this?

+1

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals, careful measurements (dimensional planning),  careful selection of appropriate breast implants and skillful execution of the procedure will be important steps in achieving your goals.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “full B cup” or "fake look" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
The use of computer imaging technology may also be helpful to patients;  this technology allows patients to visualize what their breasts may look like with different sizes/profiles of breast implants. I have found this modality to be a nice addition to the communication “tools” available.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Implant Volume and Cup Size

+1

I'm sorry, but there is no way for any doctor, on line or in person, to be able to tell you exactly what implant will achieve what cup size.  There are just too many variables on both ends to be able to accurately determine that.  The absence of a photo of your current appearance makes this even more difficult, regardless of all your measurements.

The sooner you let go of a bra size, and ask for an appearance as seen in a photograph or in the mirror with sizers, the better off and more satisfied you'll likely be after surgery.

If you want a 'natural' appearance, like the one in the photo provided, you should avoid a high profile implant.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

How to choose breast implant size for breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question.  The photographs that you supplied shows a natural normal breast size and would not require an implant much larger than 300 cc in the average A cup patient.

However you need to have an examination and consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can take biometric measurements, and used a breast implant sizing system to let you see the various sized implants placed into your bra.

You may also try the Rice test in the privacy of your own home.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

How to choose an implant...

+1

depends on many variables but the simplest method is to use external sizers to 'see' if the volume will fit on your chest and then use your breast dimensions to select your profile of implant.  It doesn't have to be more complicated than that.  If you have a wide breast/chest, Sientra may not have the width to produce the best results.

Curtis Wong, MD

Implant size?

+1

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon