220lbs Should I Loose Weight for BBL? (photo)

I had a TT done about 10 years ago. My stomach is still flat, but I'm still wide. I weigh 220 and I was told today, to get the best results (small waist and large butt) its best if I get down to 190. I'm afraid at 190 I wont have enough fat to get all my areas done like I want (stomach, flanks, pubic, upper and lower back)

Brazilian butt lift and preop weight loss

+10

I always ask my patients to eat and exercise before surgery the way they plan to after surgery. This way I can get a stable result that won't change after surgery. The worst patient who starves and exercises at a rate they cannot maintain, has her surgery, has a good result and then gains a lot of weight after surgery and does not look as good as she could.

Exercising and losing weight the right way prior to surgery is always good because it will improve your lung capacity and your airway prior to surgery. Using drugs to lose weight and starving does not put you in a safer position prior surgery.

As far as the results are concerned, I believe you can get a great result at 220 pounds or 190 pounds. Remember  fat cells do not replicate you are born with a certain number of fat cells and keep the same number of fat cells throughout life. So you gain weight you do not get more fat cells, the number remains the same and each cell just gets larger. That's why gaining weight prior to surgery does not improve your results with the liposuction and fat injection. If you're a transfer hundreds small cells or 100 big cells it's still only 100 cells. And when your weight returns to normal after the surgery the big fat cells will go down to their normal size, the same size they would have been if you didn't gain weight and results would be the same if you didn't gain weight prior to surgery.

The key to the curvy figure is really how much liposuction do on the waist. Liposuction is probably more important than the fat injection to the curves. The fat injection is the key to getting more projection in the buttocks. As you already know the tummy tuck makes the flat but doesn't make curvy, and the curve is where it's at.

Thoughts on Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Hi there-

I think for optimal results you should lose a bit of weight.

MY larger concern, however, is caused by the photos you posted of your goal- It is very important for you to understand that the women in these photos probably have buttock implants (less ideal than your own fat), and the photos have undoubtedly been "photo-shopped" to exaggerate the woman's curves and the smoothness of her skin. Even with expert performance of a Brazilian Butt Lift, your skin will not appear taut and firm without further additional intervention.

It is important for you to be realistic with your surgeon about your goal and what can be achieved, or you are going to end up disappointed. The operation works, and it is safe, but it is probably not reasonable to expect to achieve something like this.

Here is a more realistic outcome from the procedure:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Buttock enhancement

+1

To atchieve the shape like the pictures you posted, you need to loose quiet a bit of weight first. You seem to have a lot of fat inside the abdomen. That fat causes the abdomen to look full and bulges. (not as flat as the picture you posted)

you have lots of fat in the flanks, thighs and back. once you are at your ideal body weight, you can have the surgery. That is how you can get the best results possible. You may need thigh lift, liposuction flanks back and may need a circumferential lift at that time

Weight Loss Before Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think you were given good advice during your consultation. In order to achieve and maintain the best results possible it is best to be as close as possible to your long-term stable weight before surgery. Your concerns regarding  “having enough fat”  are not necessary-  you're more likely to achieve the best results possible if  you can demonstrate to your surgeon what adipose tissue is truly diet and exercise resistant.  It may be that you will benefit from lipectomy ( skin  and adipose excision)  in addition to liposuction surgery when you are closer to your goal weight.