I'm 22 years old i have lines under my eyes i want to get botox but i'm scared that my face will change?

i see alot of people doing botox they change so much that i can't recognize them . the only thing that i want is the wrinkles under my eyes disappear Thank you.

Botox and Aluma under the eyes for wrinkles

+2
The use of Botox under the eyes is reserved for what we call an "infraorbital roll."  That is, in some individuals, the inner portion of the sling of muscles around the eyes is very strong. When that person smiles, that inner portion contracts forcefully, causing a ridge just under the lower eyelid and a shadow on the skin under the eyes which contributes to the appearrance of a dark circle. If you have never had lower eyelid surgery and have strong rebound of the muscle under the eyes as demonstrated by a "snap test, " you may be a good candidate for 1 to 2 units under each eye. This is very inexpensive and gives you a natural smoothing of the skin under the eyes, which looks very natural. Asian patients often love this treatment as it can give their eyes a slightly more rounded appaearance as well.

But if you also or instead have wrinkles at rest, other approaches may be called for instead or in addition. I usually like to start with properly formulated medicated creams of proven efficacy, such as the retinoids or glycolic acid, growth factor, or vitamin C creams. Aluma radiofrequency treatments around the eyes can be extremely effective if given at sufficient energy levels (higher than what most spas or physicians have been told to give). 

Botox for Wrinkles Under the Eyes - Crow's Feet

+2
Thank you for your question.  A picture of what bothers you would help.  An in-person consultation would be even better.

In general, small doses of Botox in the laugh lines or crow's feet can alleviate wrinkles under your eyes without changing your overall look.  Larger doses of Botox can cause droopy eyelids or even change your appearance.

There's on old saying that goes like this:  "If you have a headache, don't take the whole bottle of aspirin."

When cosmetic surgery or injections are overdone, it makes people look different, sometimes even unnatural.  Different and unnatural are not good.  Subtle, more youthful and natural is a better look in my opinion.

To be sure what might be right for you, see two or more board certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full consultation.

You may or may not be a good candidate for Botox.

I hope this helps.  Good Luck!

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox and wrinkles around the Eyes

+1
Without a photo it is difficult to see if you are a good candidate for Botox.  If you have a skilled dermatologist perform your Botox you should see a good result around the eyes.  If the wrinkles under your eyes are a concern than you might be a good candidate for Fraxel, eMatrix, or Thermage.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.

Michele S. Green, MD

Botox for eye lines

+1
If the lines you do not like are the creases that appear with smiling, then Botox will soften them.
If it is the quality of the skin under your eyes - it may be sun damage and may benefit from treatment other than Botox. Have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist to see what might help you the most. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

+1
A photo or a personal consultation with a Botox injector would help to determine whether your desired look can be achieved with Botox. It sounds like Botox might be a good solution for you, but only small doses. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

I don't want to look different with Botox

+1
Botox should be a treatment that provides a good result, without totally changing your appearance. Everything in moderation. I want patients to look like themselves, but only better. Without a photo it's a bit hard to say if you're a good candidate or not. It depends on where the lines are frankly and how deep they are. Under eye wrinkles are not always best treated with Botox, so you will need to make an appointment with a board-certified physician to determine what's causing the lines and if Botox is or is not the right solution for that problem.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox not for under eyes

+1
Botox is a neuromodulator best used on the upper 1/3 of the face among other areas. It is not commonly used on the lower lid for lines.