22 Year Old Patient Would Like to Get a Fat Transfer Really Bad, Am I a Candidate? (photo)

About 3 years ago i applied a topical steroid by accident to the area known as "Tear Trough" near my eye, and what this ended up doing is removing a lot of my cheek fat away and as a result gave me a whole new look. For the past 3 years ive had panic attacks and anxiety attacks, and would like to know if this treatment can change my life. As you can see The first pic is in December 2010 when the steroid went underneath my eye, the 3 pictures you see after Is my new face from 2011 :(

Probably not from the steroid

+2

Honestly, I don't think that the steroid cream is at all related to your current situation.  While you do have a mild tear trough, I would not recommend fat transfer for you, as this can have more side effects than it's worth.  Try a hyaluronic gel filler first, like Belotero.  This has the advantage that it can be "erased", if you don't like it.

22 Year Old Patient Would Like to Get a Fat Transfer Really Bad, Am I a Candidate?

+1

Usually, fillers in younger patients make more sense, because less volume is usually needed.  Fillers tend to produce smoother results.  However, fat grafting is not unreasonable.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and fat transfer procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA