22 Year Old Considering a Lower Bleph Needs Help HOUSTON, TX? (photo)

I am a 22 year old female and in considering getting a lower bleph done in the summer. I'm thinking all I'd need is some skin removed to rid of the fine lines/wrinkles but I'm also noticing there's some puffiness that may need to be addressed. What I'd like to know is what's the average cost (estimation of course) and what a professional opinion thinks ill need done to get a desired look.

Do I need a lower blepharoplasty?

+1

As mentioned before I agree, you don't need a lower blepharoplasty. Fillers and botox can correct the fine wrinkles and the volume deficit that makes you look with baggy eyes. That is a cheaper solution to a lower bleph and if done by somebody with experience lowers your chances of complications. You can save your surgery for 15-20 years from now when your bags are more noticeable and the excess skin worse. You are looking into 500 to 700 compared to 3K+ for a bleph. Good luck.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

22 Year Old Considering a Lower Bleph Needs Help HOUSTON, TX?

+1

Filler such as Restylane to your tear trough is probably a better solution to give you a better look.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lower blepharoplasty in young person

+1

You do not need any skin removed.  You do have some puffiness of the lower eyelids (bags) and can benefit either from tranconjunctival lower blepharoplasty to get rid the bags or filler injection to the hollow area beneath the bags.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower lid blepharoplasty is occasionally indicated in young patients.

+1

Lower lid blepharoplasty should cost $2000-$3000. The modest amount of fat herniation in the picture could be treated with injectables. If a blepharoplasty is performed some of the fat should be used to fill the groove near the nose.

+1

Thanks for including photos with your question. The fine lines you see are a function of skin movement and we don't do blepharoplasty to take these fine lines away. If we took a little skin off it would take the lines away for a few months at most and they would be right back. It is hard to tell from the photos but it does look like you have a little prominent fat pad in the lower lid. This can be obscured with occasional filler injections and it would be a good idea to explore that before considering surgery.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Lower blepharoplasty at age 22

+1
If you are considering lower lid blepharoplasty at age 22, chances are you misunderstand the potential and goals of surgical lower lid rejuvenation.  You should feel free to discuss the procedure and your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon, however it is very unlikely surgery is a solution at your young age.

Lower blepharoplasty

+1

Based on the photos you sent, it doesnt look like you need lower eyelid surgery. I dont see a lot of excess fat or excess skin to remove. I would recommend Restylane injections under the eyes to help blend the eyelid-cheek junction.

In the first two photos you are looking down, which will tend to minimize the appearance of excess fat in the lower eyelids. Nonetheless, there doesnt seem to be a lot of puffiness even in the third photo when you are looking straight ahead. 

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Please be careful what you look for.

+1

Your photos are not ideal.  However what it looks like is that under eye filler an not under eye surgery is what you need.  Please find someone in your area who has a lot of experience treating the under eye area.  Good luck.