I'm a 22 Black Female & I Had Severe Acne & It's Gone, I Have Rolling Scars How Do I Get Rid of Them?

I had severe acne & its gone & I have little holes .. I think its rolling scars how do I get rid of them ... They said something about a PMD Personal Mircodermabrasion Will that help or what would Help ??

Treatment for Rolling Scars

+1

Thank you for your question. You will require a consultation and  evaluation to investigate the type of acne scarring and your skin type. The eMatrix laser can help smoothen your texture as there are very few lasers to help your skin type without pigment irregularity. Also, subcision to release the rolling scars can help improve the skin texture. Likely a combination of treatments will be needed.  For best and safest results, be sure to consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist or Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has expertise in acne, scarring, and skin of color. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Hello

+1

In our practice we like to tell our patients that you have a few different options. Without and exam or pictures it’s very hard to give you adequate advice. We recommend DOT laser, Profractional laser or a series of VI Peels. That would have to be determined after an exam. You should see a PS to give you accurate advice.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Rolling Acne Scars and how to improve them

+1

Pictures and a consultation is the best way to assess your situation. A multilayered approach is the best way. But there is different ways to do this. The right combination is the world of difference. co2 laser resurfacing will be important in this whole process.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of acne scars in dark skin types

+1

I love using a non-ablative fractional laser to treat acne scarring in darker skin types.  These non-ablative devices carry a lower risk for pigmentary problems following treatment, than do their ablative counterparts.  That said, three to six treatments are often required to achieve the desired result.  Just know that you have options, and that improvement in the scarring is DEFINITELY possible.  

Lesley Clark-Loeser, MD
Hollywood Dermatologic Surgeon