I'm 22 and Was Wondering Whether Jaw Fillers Such As Juvederm Voluma Would Be Good? Alot of Practices in Uk Do Not Do It?

so basically one side of my mandable jaw beneath the ear (the corner of jaw) is much more defined so when viewing from the front it is abit square and is wide, protudes out more however the other side it goes abit in so when viewing from front is doenst stick out as much and doesnt look as wide and sometimes makes my face look wonky...i was wondering whether putting filler on that side would be a good idea? Alot of practices in UK do not even do it becuase its some sort of advanced treatment?

Juvederm Voluma

+1

I have used Juvederm Voluma for some time here in Canada and have had terrific results when structural support or definition are required, such as in the cheek bones or along the jawline. It is a firm filler with great lift!

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

We use fillers to augment that section of the mandible, called the mandibular angle, all the time but I prefer using Radiesse which is thicker than Voluma but either would work.  It's an office treatment and takes about 10 minutes.  We have many out of town and country patients that fly here for their facial fillers and then fly home the same or following day.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Using Juvederm for mismatched mandibles - but is the mismatch bone or is it muscle?

+1

Juvederm Voluma is not yet available in the U.S., so it's not a product we have as much experience with here.

A better question might be to ask is whether what you are seeing is actually a larger bone on one side or a stronger masseter muscle.

The masseter is a thick muscle used for chewing and can become larger on one side for various reasons - perhaps tooth grinding, a mismatched bite, a tooth problem that "persuades" you to chew primarily on only one side. Certainly such issues could be something to consider and discuss with your dentist before you embark on other balancing measures such as injected fillers, relaxers or implants.

Is it a larger muscle? Then...
If the issue for you is the muscle, then you could very probably get some or possibly all the change you want with weakening the muscle on that side with Botox - though you must be sure you are having this done with a well qualified surgeon or skin specialist. Masseter injection requires some very careful injection technique.

Is it a larger bone? Then...
If it is truly a case of having one bone larger than the other, then possibly a dense filler like Radiesse would be something you could use to create a substantial substructure. Or, if you want a permanent solution, then an implant could be the better option

Web reference: http://www.rebeccafitzgeraldmd.com/radiesse.html

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Filler for the Jaw Line

+1

Yes, you can certainly use filler for that.  However, it is not that great to try and simulate bone (a hard substance) by injecting soft tissue filler into the overlying soft tissue.  You won't get good definition and when you talk or chew it won't match the other side, even if it matches when you are at rest.  

The best option here is to have an implant.  In your case (with the asymmetry) I would suggest you consider a CT scan of the jaw, and then constructing a custom implant.  You will also need a good analysis of your entire face since generally this sort of asymmetry involves more than just the jaw line.

Web reference: http://www.dr-apo.com

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon