I Am a 21 Yr Old Female W/ Droopy Eyes Due to Genetics. Will Botox Injections Help Lift my Eyes? (photo)

I have droopy, "tired looking" eyes that are slanted downward due to genetics. I'm only 21 and i'm always being asked if i'm constantly tired all the time which irritates me. I wear make up to help lift my eyes but it's getting too time consuming in the mornings especially with having a 9 month old and getting ready for class/work everyday. I want to stay away from surgery and was wondering if botox would help with my problem?

21 Year Old with Eyelid Questions

+3

Unfortunately, the photograph isn't very helpful; in fact, the eyelids shown are quite beautiful.  Based on the limited information provided, I would definitely recommend that you avoid Blepharoplasty or other surgical solutions at this time; surgery in the absence of indications is not advisable. Your concerns regarding appearance may be more related to fatigue given your family and educational responsibilities. 

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for tired eyes

+3

I think your eyes are absoultely beautiful and would leave them alone. I dont think you need any eyelid surgery.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy eyes and Botox

+2

You have beautiful exotic looking eyes. LEave them alone. They don't have to look ordinary to be beautiful. Save up for when you need it.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Tired eyes in 21 year old

+2
Genetics is genetics. The photo isn't terribly helpful. If you ar speaking about changing your eyelid shape, this could be pursued. Tired looking eyes can also be improved by getting enough sleep, limiting salt and alcohol intake and not smoking. Makeup does not lift your eyes. If your baby isn't a great sleeper, then this too shall pass.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Botox lift for eyelids is not a good option

+2

The problem you are describing is ptosis, hooding of the eyelids. Botox can help lift eyebrows, but it should not be used to lift eyelids.  In fact, sometimes Botox can make this worse. So the best option is for you to have an eyelid surgery, not Botox.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox for tired look

+1

Botox can elevate the brow - but your photo (as noted by the other physicians) does not show any abnormal droopiness. 

ARE you tired? Most people in this society get too little sleep and too little good nutrition. 

If you get plenty of rest and take good care of yourself on the whole, you can talk to a dermatologist about Botox for brow elevation, but from this photo, you look very pretty and not tired at all!

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for "droopy eyes" is not advisable in this case

+1

Your brow is nicely arched and your eyelid skin is firm.  I agree with the other posters.  You won't benefit from botox (or surgery) at this time. 

Melissa Chiang, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Botox and eyes

+1

Based on your photo, it's difficult to tell exactly what you'd like different. Botox placed in the muscle around your eye laterally will relax that muscle and "open" your eye up somewhat. Consulting with a well trained and experienced injector will help educate you on units you might need and expectations with treatment.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox for Droopy Eyes

+1

Botox can be injected to minimally raise the eyebrows. You can try this technique with your surgeon after clarifying your exact goals. Remember that the effects of Botox will last about 3 months.

No botox for droopy eyelids

+1

It's hard to tell from your photo but it does not look like you have sagging skin or drooping/ptosis of your lids.  Surgery certainly is not warranted and it doesn't appear that Botox will help either.  Botox is used to address crow's feet (smile lines) around the eyes or arch the lateral aspect of the brow but you do not have these issues. 

Elizabeth Kim, MD