I'm 21 Years Old and I'm a 34A and I Weigh 115 Pounds and my Height is 5'5". What Would Be a Good Size of Saline Implant to Get?

Proper Implant Selection

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Saline implant size

+1

Hi.  Implant size is based on each woman's body (height, weight, chest width/height, amount of existing tissue) as well as on her goal.  Do you want to look natural or more "bubbly?"  Saline implant comes in different diameter as well as different profiles.  There are low, moderate, high profile implants.  If you want to look natural/conservative, you can go with low or moderate profile. High profile implants will give you more projection.  You can go anywhere between mid-200cc to 400cc.  Please visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you and give you a recommendation based on your body and desired goal.

Sugene Kim, MD

Breast Augmentation #cosmeticsurgery

+1

Dear Think Pink Girl

Thank you for your question!  Breast implant sizing for breast augmentation requires some time and guidance from your Plastic Surgeon. To get the best long term results the implant size should approximate the size of your own breast.  You have the option to choose whatever size that you would like - and your Plastic Surgeon will inform you of the technique of surgery and the short and long term issues in regards to the surgery.

With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Implant size determination

+1

At size 34 A each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  From this, you can calculate the size required to achieve your desired goal.  I recommend retro-pectoral placement since it looks and feel more natural, is more stable and less likely to need a revision. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

You should review some pre and post op photos

+1

i feel the best way to select your size, is to go to a web site such as implant.info and look at pre op photos of women that look like you. then look at their post op results and select the picture you like. if your board certified plastic surgeon, selects the same implant, you should like very much the same. that takes the guess work out of choosing sizes and this is the method, that i have used for many years with great results.

david berman md

northern va, plastic surgeon

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to tell you an exact size implant without a consultation as each person's build is different. The best approach is to find a plastic surgeon in your area with a great reputation and seek consultation. He/she should be able to give you the information you need and help you try different size implants and work with you to define your goals and choose the implants that fit your body. Good luck.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants

+1

Sizing is a very personal decision.  During a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, you should try on several different sized implants in a sizing bra.  Look in the mirror and see which size you like the best.  This will depend on your breast dimensions (which your PS will help you with).

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Good Breast Implant Size

+1

The best size of breast implant for you is the size that you want. No one can tell you what is the right breast size for you. As a plastic surgeon we can tell you to choose a breast implant whose base width is not greater than your breast base width and a size that does not exceed what your natural breast tissue can support long-term. You need to try on some implant sizers to get an idea of the volume in ccs that will create the breast look you want.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Implant Sizing

+1

This is a very common question here, and very frequently it elicits doctors' answers regarding how to effectively communicate your goals.  Although I don't argue that this is important, I always feel this is an opportunity to educate the potential breast augmentation patient about the importance and prioritization of objective determination of implant size/profile/shape.  This is done by measurement of a few parameters of the patient's anatomy, AKA 'dimensional planning'.

Unfortunately 25% of women will need a reoperation to correct a complication after breast augmentation surgery.  However, a tenfold reduction in operative risks can occur with dimensional planning, along with meticulous surgery, and a 'no touch' delivery of the implant.

If a potential patient understands that the most appropriate implant possible is being placed to first match her anatomy, and then meet her aesthetic goals, there will be less post operative dissatisfaction associated with issues regarding size.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.