I Am a 21 Year Old Woman with a Cleft Lip and Palate, Can My Nostrils be Fixed?

I had no air flow from my left nostril until about 4 years ago. I have had 4 nose surgeries to work on my deviated septum and to open air flow. The air flow is still not good and I am wanting my nostrils to be symmetrical as my left one (on the side of my cleft lip) is much smaller. I want to know if this is possible. I have seen the top craniofacial/cleft lip surgeon in Houston since I was born. He has done an alright job but when I have asked him to work on my nostrils he hasnt. Can it be done?

Nostril asymmetry with cleft lip and palate

+1

Cleft lip reconstructive rhinoplasty is a very difficult procedure to perform.  There are always asymmetries.  The asymmetries are best addressed through expanding the smaller ala and reducing the large ala.  This involves multiple complicated tip techniques, cartilage grafts, and suturing techniques.