21 Year Old Model, Which Facial Filler is Best for my Situation? (photo)

I have been modeling since I was 13 however I took a two year break at 18 and gained some weight, now I lost the weight (about 15lbs) and am 21 years old but all my pictures are coming out looking old and tired due to my cheeks having fallen from weight loss. The lines are not that noticeable but they do interfere with my work so I am considering a light filler in my cheeks, I need something that looks natural, doesn't change the look of my face, and isn't going to be too pricey. Thanks!

Fillers after weight loss in a young model

+1

The most important element is selection of the right doctor.  It is essential that the physician has an aesthetic eye and understands facial shaping and proportion.  Make sure he or she discusses what, where and why he would place the filler.  In a person as young as you I would use Juvederm Ultra which is soft, natural and diffuses into your skin in a manner that would not be noticable to anyone.  A single syringe should be sufficient.

Miami Dermatologist

Fillers for weight loss

+1

You have beautiful skin and the key is to find an experienced injector to put a subtle amount of volume into those beautiful cheekbones.  I would suggest Restylane or Perlane for you.  It will last anywhere from 6 to 9 months and you should have a beautiful effect.  You should only need about one syringe so it should not be too costly.  Good luck and let  me know how it works out!

Michele S. Green, MD

Perlane for volumizing cheeks

+1

I would strongly recommend you stick with the hyaluronics at this point in your life.  Where you would benefit from volumizing would be mostly on the cheek bones themselves as well as just a touch in the tear trough area.  I like to use Perlane deep on the lateral cheek and small amounts of Restylane to the tear troughs.  Remember too that at your age skillfull application of makeup can also do miracles. Don't overdo fillers at your age!

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Cheek fillers

+1

There are many fillers.  I'd advise strongly against any "permanent fillers" like silicone even though you might be tempted to have a "one-time treatment".  These can cause disastrous problems.  The temporary fillers like Restylane for fine lines and Perlane for deeper volume enhancement are best.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS