I'm a 21 Year Old Male, Am I a Good Candidate for Male Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I'm 21 years old. I have a droopy tip so I don't want the tip to droop anymore. My nose also curves so I would want to have a straight nose instead and even make my nose smaller, while still keeping it natural and masculine looking. Are these goals realistic?

Good candidate for male rhinoplasty?

In general, straightening a crooked nose is a difficult procedure and requires an experienced specialist. It is not possible to get the nose 100% straight, but great improvements can be made. A drooping nasal tip can be corrected with rhinoplasty, and it is possible to make subtle changes to the nose while maintaining a masculine appearance. I would recommend a consult with a board certified and experienced rhinoplasty specialist. They may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

120 South Spalding Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

I'm a 21 Year Old Male, Am I a Good Candidate for Male Rhinoplasty?

Elevating the tip and reducing the dorsum in a male with a hump and a droopy tip are reasonable adjustments.  You are right to not have the dorsum reduced beyond straight and the tip not elevated too high.  Find a rhinoplasty surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties a year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Rhinoplasty to maintain masculine features

Your goals are realistic. Many men have the same problem, get the same surgery and do not lose their masculine appearance. What makes a nose masculine in appearance is the tip to upper lip angle and the outline of the bridge. By controlling these factors your surgeon can give you the results you want and still maintain a masculine appearing nose.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

120 South Spalding
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Male Rhinoplasty

Physically your goals are very realistic. See an experienced surgeon so you get the natural, strong result you describe.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Droopy nose rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty changes required to improve this nose would include lifting the tip, reducing the hump and projection of the nose, releasing the depressor septi ligament, osteotomies and tip refinement. Releasing of the depressor septi ligament will prevent the tip from drooping upon smiling. For further examples of  droopy nasal tips corrected in our practice, please see the link below. Virtual rhinoplasty as software is available on our website for you to try out.

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

Age 18-21 Male Rhinoplasty

It is absolutely an excellent age for having a rhinoplasty as you can enjoy your new nose for many years. Once you have stopped growing a rhinoplasty can be performed.

David Ellis MD

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Art of Facial Surgery

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

167 Sheppard Avenue, West
Toronto, ON M2N 1M9