21 year old female and have noticed for the last 6 months to a year my thick hair is coming out more and more. What could it be?

But recently its worse than ever!!! When I have a shower it come out in handfulls and when I brush it, I have been to the doctors for a blood test and everything has come back normal and they said there's nothing they can do to help me. I am not over weight and fairly healthy diet, what could it be and is there anything that could help me get my thick hair back?

Telogen Effluvium

+1
What you are describing is your body's reaction to some type of stress, whether hormonal, physical/mechanical or other insult.  The good news is that this is normally a temporary event and just losing strands of hair is not permanent.  Trichologists, Hair Transplant Surgeons and some dermatologists may offer some gentle products to calm your scalp and allow for the problem to subside.  
Dr John E Frank, MD
New York City

Hair coming out in handfuls

+1
If you haven't already, you might consider making an appointment with a dermatologist who specializes in hair loss. 
First you'll want to confirm the diagnosis. While it sounds like hair shedding (telogen effluvium) your physician can evaluate if other conditions are present too (genetic hair loss, autoimmune related shedding conditions). It is only possible to make a diagnosis by seeing the scalp up close
Stress of high magnitude can cause shedding, so can thyroid problems, diets, low ferritin levels, low protein intake and medications like the birth control pill. 
The earliest stages of genetic hair loss can sometimes give shedding too. 
Shedding can sometimes occur despite no cause being found. Treatments can sometimes be tried but its best to speak to a specialist directly about all the options. 

Jeff Donovan, MD, PhD
Toronto Dermatologist