95 Units of Dysport - Too Much?

Im 21 Just Got Dysport for the First Time They Told Me I Needed 95 Units is That to Much? I just wanted my eyebrows up just a bit because I think that they were flat .

Dysport

+1

Both Dysport and Botox yield very similar results.  The main difference is the amount of units that are used.  You will have to use about 2.5 times as many units of Dysport as you would for Botox.  

Dysport/Botox - 95 Units of Dysport - Too Much?

+1

It is difficult to answer this without being able to see your before photos, and to know what you were hoping to achieve.

In general, though, the conversion ratio of Dysport to Botox is about 2.5; i.e., you use about 2.5 times as many units of Dysport as you would for Botox.  For the glabellar region (between the eyebrows) it is typically about 20-40 units of Botox (depending on the size of the muscles and the extent of the lines) and so 95 units is at the upper end of that range.  If those 95 units were also used to cover some additional areas, such as the forehead and/or lateral eyes, then it is well within a normal range.

So it sounds like this dosage was within a generally accepted range.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Dysport Dosing

+1

Although Dysport and Botox are similar, the dosing is different with Dysport requiring 2-3 times more for the same effect.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Proper evaluation is key to estimating units of Dysport

+1

A proper cosmetic consultation, in person, is key to successful outcomes.  The area of treatment, and the "mass" of the muscle groups to be treated determine the estimated amount of Dysport necessary to achieve pleasing results.  Lifting the eyebrows can involve relaxation of at least 4 different muscle groups.  This may require treatment in between the eyebrows and around the lateral eyebrow.  

Melanie D. Palm, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

95 units of Dysport may be appropriate

+1

Without evaluating you, I cannot advise you about the appropriate number of units but 95 units sounds like a reasonable dose to treat the forehead and eyebrows.  It takes about 3 times as much Dysport to treat someone as compared to Botox.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Dysport~ 95 Units

+1

Without seeing you in person it's difficult to say for sure what the proper dose of Dysport would be to achieve the result you want.  To arch the brows it may require injections to the areas between the brows, the lateral (outside edge) of the brow, and/or the forehead itself.   95 units, generally speaking, for what you are talking about does not sound excessive though it might sound like it.   Just make sure you see an experienced injector and if you have any reservations after talking to them either consider a consultation with someone else or just ask them to lean toward a very conservative dose or correction.  More can always be added.  It's always a bit scary for people to do something new, especially if it involves injections into your face so it's important to feel comfortable with the person you choose and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Grant Stevens, MD

Dysport dosing

+1

Dysport is dosed in a 3:1 ratio versus botox.  Therefore, your dose seems to be appropriate.  Make sure you are seeing a board - certified plastic surgeon.

Samer W. Cabbabe, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Dysport and Botox

+1

Using both Botox and Dysport, I agree with prior comments that the physician typically must use 3 units of Dysport to achieve the same effect as 1 unit of Botox.  Therefore, your dose of 95 units of Dysport is approximately similar to 32 units of Botox which is a low dose.  That being said, I also agree completely that the proper dosage for you depends on the physician's examination of you, the degree & location of the brow ptosis.   Typically, we start with the lowest dose possible that we believe will be effective for the individaul patient.  The natural course is to require gradually increasing amounts of the drug to achieve the same effect as we get older. 

For patients with functional disease such as facial spasm, lid spasm and spasmodic toricollis of the neck, I have used much larger doses.  To treat excess sweating of the armpits, the common dose is 100 units of Botox.

Kathleen F. Archer, MD

Houston, TX

Kathleen F. Archer, MD
Houston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox VS Dysport

+1

Botox and Dysport are not the same. The molecules are totally different. The dose of dysport is said to be about 3 time that od Botox.. However the site of injection is totally different and the dose should realy be titrated to the individual patient.

Dysport doses are higher than Botox

+1

Dysport is used like Botox but in doses 2 to 3 times higher for the same effect.  95 units would be about the same as 30 to 35 units of Botox.  This amount is commonly used to give a "Botox Brow Lift"  or in this case a "Dysport Brow Lift".   This dosing should work very well.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon