At 21 Days Post Op from a TT, What Can I Do? Don't See PS for 10 More Days.

Due to the 4 hour Drive between the PS and I. I do not get to see him as often as most people see theirs. So What should I or can I do at this state? Can I go to a gym? soak in a tub? walk a 30lb dog? I still have some scabs on the incision and some times it still itches, can I put anything on it yet? I will post a new photo of incision and my progress in a few minutes after a shower.

Post-op care

+1

The post-op care assigned by a given surgeon really varies. It also depends upon how you are healing as well. You should clarify the instruction with your surgeon.

Post-Op Regimen 3 Weeks After a Tummy Tuck

+1

Although ALL plastic surgeons hold on to a coomon set of scientific facts, there is a very wide variability in how they prefer to manage their patients after surgery. In other words, the way I prefer to treat my patients and protect them from some activities may vary from that of other surgeons.

Your living 4 hours from your surgeon does pose an inconvenience but should not stop you from reaching out and calling him whenever you have a question. That is why you paid him. This is what he is supposed to do. So write your questions down and call his office.

In MY opinion; I would hold off from gym work until 4 weeks after surgery, I would put antibiotic ointment on the scab areas to soften them so they can come off softly when you shower, baths are allowed if you have no drains or large wounds and there is no reason why you could not walk a 30 pound dog. I would check these with your surgeon.

Questions about activities 3 weeks after tummy tuck

+1

Just because you live 4 hours away doesn't mean that you can't communicate with your plastic surgeon. You should call his office and have your questions answered - even by talking to his nurse or assistant. For less urgent or complex questions, you can also email. Attached photos could also be helpful.

As every doctor has a slightly different protocol, you should receive answers to your questions from your plastic surgeon's office as he was the one who operated on you and is responsible for your care.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

What to do after a tummy tuck

+1

You should be able to call your plastic surgeon's office for specific advice since this does vary sometimes from surgeon to surgeon.  You can also probably email him photos.  Your pre operative paperwork may also have specific instructions with a timeline.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurgeryrenotahoe.com

Reno Plastic Surgeon

Getting answers for your specific post-op questions

+1

The best person to answer questions about your tummy tuck surgery, including what you can and can't do at this point in your post-op care, is the surgeon who operated on you. The Web is a great place to gather information, but in the post-operative period it is not as good a reference tool as speaking with your surgeon directly.

Never be afraid to contact the doctor or the doctor's office to get answers to your specific post-op questions.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/blog/2010/04/19/know-how-to-get-answers-to-post-op-questions-before-the-surgery/

Tummy Tuck Recovery?

+1

It would be in your best interest to communicate directly with your plastic surgeon ( in person, via phone, or e-mail) and receive precise advice from the plastic surgeon who knows your situation best.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm