20yrs Ago-bovcollagen Injected in Lips by Reputable Doc. Lips Still Full/scar Tissue? How to Reduce?

I know it's not silicone - He said he never used it. All I can think of is that it must be scar tissue. I'm tired of big lips and want them reduced plus they are slightly uneven when I smile. Will low doses of steroids/cortisone help?

Steroid injections or lip reduction surgery may be considered to reduce the size of your lips.

+1

Even though your procedure was 20 years ago, if your lips are only slightly larger than you would like, several rounds of dilute triamcinolone acetonide injections may prove helpful. If not, a formal lip reduction surgery may be considered. Feel free to re ask your question with photos for more specific advice from the RealSelf community of experts. All the best to you.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I have performed Lip Augmentation with fillers and Lip Implants for 25 years and IMHO, this could not have been Collagen.  Whatever the permanent substance that was used, the lips can be reduced by excising some of the lip through incisions on the inside of the mouth.  Photos would help or recommend you see plastic and cosmetic surgeons for an in person consultation.  I have peformed this procedure many times.  Hope this helps.