200 watt bulb burn on arm (outer bicep area), no raised skin, but darkened circular mark? (photo)

Hello everyone how are you, thanks in advance. Ok, Bulb burn on side of arm, 200W seared my arm, First month to two I treated it with Mederma cream. 4-5 months has passed and now I have been putting Bio-oil and Neosporin on religiously for a couple weeks now. Clearly I am not white but have a caramel tan complexion. Honestly if I want to fade or decrease visible borders by 75% ( get real results) what are the options have given the complications of my skin? Even if I must start a plan in stages.

Scar revision on dark scars with Melarase

+2

Dark scars can be treated with a combination of Melapads and Melarase creams to even out the complexion.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Treat Dark Burn Scars

+1

Hi Danny.  Because the burn has no texture, the prognosis is good.  We would use either hydroquinone bleaching cream or q-switched lasers or even a combination of these two.  It's likely that you would be able to achieve most or full clearance of the scar.  

Check the photos below for treatments of similar dark scars. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD