200 Unit Botox Vial Available?

I'm hearing on here that 200 unit vials of BotoX is not available. However, my insurance sent it to me with an RX from PCP for a sweating problem, to be aDminstered in my surgeons office (of which I have not picked yet). Aetna Speciality Pharmacy is the Phrm. That sent it. Vial iS stamped Allergan. I doubt that and ins. Comp. Pharm. Would sent it to me IF "200 unit vial is not avail? Very confused

Botox is available in a 200 Unit bottle in Canada as of 2010

+2

The reason for some discrepancy as to whether Botox comes in a 200 unit bottle, is that this IS available in Canada and other countries but NOT in the United States.  Canadian, European and South American physicians who use a lot of Botox find the 200 unit vial convenient since Botox needs to be prepared (reconstituted) by the addition of liquid, since this is provided by Allergan as a dry powder.  It is easier to prepare one 200 ml bottle vs. two 100 ml bottles. The price works out to about the same per 100 units.  Your question as to why you were supplied with a 200 unit vial is a good one, since this product should NOT be dispensed in the United States.  

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

200 unit vials of Botox

+1

200 unit vials of botox are not available in the US.  These may be approved in other countries. Not really that important from the patients point of view.  

200 Unit Botox Vial Available

+1

200 unit vials are available in Canada(and some other countries). 50 unit and 100 unit vials are available in the United States.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Botox, Wrinkle Treatment, Beverly Hills Botox, Los Angeles Botox, Nasal Surgery, Beverly Hills Rhinoplasty

+1

Botox is available in the US in 50 unit and 100 unit vials.  Other amounts of units may be available outside the US.

200 unit vial of Botox. What for?

+1

It takes 100 units to do arm pits.  One must ask why you think you need 200?  That is the max dose for one person on one day.  The answer is yes and no.  Yes there is a 200U vial.  No, not in the US.

Ritu Chopra, MD

200 unit vilal

+1

I think the largest vial to my knowledge is 100 so my suggestion would be to google allergan and call their toll free number and ask them.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

NO 200 Unit Botox vial is FDA-approved in U.S.

+1

Botox is only available at 100 unit or 50 unit vials.  This is strictly approved by the FDA.  I would be wary of the 200 unit vial.  It is likely illegally imported from outside the U.S.

Melanie D. Palm, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

200 Unit Botox Vial Available?

+1

Mostly comes in USA in 100 unit vials, so you will be receiving two vials. Or 200 unit vials can be ordered but there is no cost savings. From MIAMI 

Botox is not avilable in 200 u vial. Beware of foreign inferior llegal product!

+1

Botox is not available in 200u in the USA.  Beware of inferior product sent to the USA llegally.  Immediately report this to you state medical board, pharmacy board, and the FDA.  This is simply called illegal.   Do not use this inferior product.  In addition I think it is illegal to send this product to other than a physicians office.  If illegal Botox were floating about you would have all sort of illegal activity by unliscened people injecting it.  I do not know what it is you were illegally send but it is NOT...I REPEAT NOT  Botox.   Report this to your family doctor and all of the above agencies.  Also report this to Allergan.   There have been horrile reactions and even death from illegan stuff called Botox.      Thanks and Live forward.     Dr Commons

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Botox vials

+1

Botox cosmetic can come in 50 unit of 100 unit vials. I think Allergan is marketing the  medical Botox( same product..but different labelling) in up to 200 unit vials.