What Will 200 CC's Do for Me?

I had my Pre-op yesterday...and we decided on 200 cc's, silicone, mid-profile under the muscle. I am about 5'6" and I weight 115lbs and currently wear but don't always fill a 34A. (I'm probably, according to all my recent measuring, a 32 A) I'm not really sure what cup size I want, but a full B small C sounds fine to me. Also, my sister who is very similar to me got 250 ccs and is now wearing a 32 D. I told my doctor what I thought I should get, between 175 and 250 and he kinda just agreed.

Breast Implant Size Selection

+2

There is no exact science to selecting breast size but 200cc implants seems small. I would be very careful about comparing volume sizes to your sister and assuming that the results can look the same or that what happened on her chest translates to yours. While I do not have the benefit of seeing your pictures or measuring your breasts, I would think something closer to 250 to 275cc may be better given your height to achieve a small C cup result. 

Implant size selection

+2

Plastic surgeons have evolved how we select implants for patientsI help my patients select the correct size with two methods:

1. Dimensional planning and
2. A Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

200 cc's

+1

Getting 200 cc implants will not do much for you if you are currently an A cup and wish to be a full B or small C. You will need a larger implant to get your desired result.

Scott Loessin, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

Good question.  Generally, 200 cc implants are pretty small and will probably achieve a B  cup.  It may not be the best idea to compare yourself to your sister, especially if she started out with larger breasts than you to begin with.  In a case like yours where you have a fair amount of uncertainty, I recommend the patient bring  pictures from magazines like Playboy or a Victoria's Secret catalog.  that way you can better communicate with the surgeon what size you want.  

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

200 CC's

+1

Photographs would help and an in person exam would be most beneficial. Cup sizes are an inaccurate guage as cup sizes are dependent on the company's sizing which is very inexact. If you have not utilized sizers to determine the size then you should as it will provide you a better understanding. The greatest regret across the country with breast augmentation is going too small so ensure the surgeon understands your objectives and he is planning properly.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

200cc will add just less than a cup size to whatever you presently have.

+1

Photographs (of you, as well as goal examples) would aid in this discussion. Trying on implants in a bra and stretchy top helps both your surgeon in decision-making, and you in visualizing potential outcomes. You should not use implant volume numbers found on websites (they could be wrong) and you should not worry about the numbers on your implants, OR the letter on your bra label--rather, you should be trying for a certain "look."

Your sister may have been "very similar" but 250cc adds about a cup size to whatever she started with, and she may prefer certain bra sizes by certain bra manufacturers. What really counts is whether or not she is happy with her breast size in clothing and nude. Letters and numbers are immaterial if she likes her new "look."

I am slightly concerned that you told your surgeon what you thought you wanted, and he "kinda agreed." You have never done this before, so any ABPS-certified plastic surgeon with extensive breast augmentation experience SHOULD have an opinion, or be able to help you in your choice! It is absolutely YOUR body and YOUR choice, but getting it right the first time avoids the most common reason for re-operation after breast augmentation--going bigger. 200cc are quite small (and narrow, especially in moderate plus--perhaps you meant mod, not mid) implants, and would absolutely require a moderate (not moderate plus or high) profile implant to obtain the widest implant and thereby minimize the risk of a very wide cleavage. Or perhaps you need slightly bigger (and wider) implants!

Please read my article (on the About tab on my profile page on this site) titled "What is the Right Breast Implant Size for You?" or click on the link below for more advice regarding implant choices and sizing. Good luck and best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Size

+1
Hello, normally 200 cc's is about 1 cup size. Sounds like your getting what you want. With out examing you it would be hard to really determine that.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Breast implant size

+1

Without an exam, it is impossible to tell you what would be best. A good test for you would be a "baggy test' to evaluate the volume that you would like.

200 cc implants

+1

Dear Juju,

It all comes down to the measurments. If indeed you are a 32A and you want to be a full 32B or small 32C, than 200cc  will accomplish it most likely. If you are a runner, than you chose a comfortable size. However, the ideal , aesthetic size is a C cup. In that case a 250cc will more appropriate. One of the advantages of saline implants ( among many others ) is that saline can be added on the OR table if the breasts look too small. Give it some thought.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Implant size ?

+1

The diameter of your chest and breast diameter are part of what most doctors look at when selecting an implant size. While we do not have pictures or measurements I think you may need more in the 250cc moderate profile size range if you are 5'6" to fit your frame. Your doctor can explain this and help guide you.

Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon