When Can I Expect My Cheek Scar's Redness to Fade?

Hi, i'm 20 years old caucasian guy. At my age 6 as a result of accident i had a scar on my cheek (1 inch and half long). I don't worry about scar, my worry is about redness, I heard that after 25 to 30 age the scar would be seen pale and hardly be seen. is that true, will the redness remove? thanks

Concern with facial scar

+1
Patients scar in a variety of different ways. Some patients always seem to heal with minimal scarring, while others produce unsightly keloid or hypertrophic scars. It is quite common for most scars to take on a red or pink color during the early healing process. Scars do tend to undergo remodeling during the first year after healing. Most scars will lose their red color during this period making them much less noticeable. However, some scars remain pink and are more easily seen. After a number of years, it is unlikely for a scar's appearance to improve without further intervention such as laser or surgery.

Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

Pulse Dye Laser will reduce red scars

+1

You have a very common condition that responds well to laser therapy. The Pulse Dye Laser is the gold standard for treating pink and red scars. Several treatments may be required for optimal results. Remember UV rays from the sun will contribute to scar redness and pigmentation. Use sunscreen and a hat after therapy. You should have great results. Dr. G.

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon